The Student Room Group

I want to ban that B&Q Advert

Why is it so annoying? That song should have never been released back then and certainly should not be allowed to be played now under UK law.

Why do B&Q insist on torturing me in my home whilst laughing at me in my misery claiming that they 'got the power', and then have the cheek of wanting me to go and give them money at their store? This kind of lunacy shouldn't be allowed!

It's not just B&Q too, I found that these are the most sycned songs of 2014 in adverts:

Most synced songs 2014

> Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler (Innocent, Toyota Yaris Hybrid, Cadbury’s)
> The Final Countdown - Europe (Stride Gum, Tesco, O2)
> This Head I Hold - Electric Guest (Ikea, Ford EcoSport)
> Don’t - Ed Sheeran (Beats, O2 Priority)

Why are we being tortured with The Final Countdown still, the countdown never is the final, it lies.

/rant

What adverts do you find unbearable?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

why don't you just mute your TV during the adverts or something if it bothers you so much ?
Reply 2
Get some real problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Perhaps the part-sarcasm didn't come across well :tongue:
I miss the gnome one...

Spoiler

Original post by guppyfox
why is it so annoying? That song should have never been released back then and certainly should not be allowed to be played now under uk law.

Why do b&q insist on torturing me in my home whilst laughing at me in my misery claiming that they 'got the power', and then have the cheek of wanting me to go and give them money at their store? This kind of lunacy shouldn't be allowed!

It's not just b&q too, i found that these are the most sycned songs of 2014 in adverts:

most synced songs 2014

*total eclipse of the heart - bonnie tyler(innocent, toyota yaris hybrid, cadbury’s)
* the final countdown - europe stride gum, tesco, o2)
* this head i hold - electric guest(ikea, ford ecosport)
* don’t - ed sheeran(beats, o2 priority)

why are we being tortured with the final countdown still, the countdown never is the final, it lies.

/rant

what adverts do you find unbearable?

loooooooooool
Reply 6
I hate the money supermarket advert with the man with woman legs. I have to look away or leave the room whenever its on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Hrdee
I hate the money supermarket advert with the man with woman legs. I have to look away or leave the room whenever its on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are they womens legs? It's always confused me that one
First world problemz
Reply 9
Original post by GuppyFox

I don't even know. It confuses me too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Hrdee

Posted from TSR Mobile

tbh

*Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler(Innocent, Toyota Yaris Hybrid, Cadbury’s)
* The Final Countdown - Europe Stride Gum, Tesco, O2)
* This Head I Hold - Electric Guest(Ikea, Ford EcoSport)
* Don’t - Ed Sheeran(Beats, O2 Priority)

On the bottom three songs, there is a space between the star and the song title. However, on the first song, there is no space between the star and song title... Is this intentional... or...
Reply 12
Original post by mobbsy91
On the bottom three songs, there is a space between the star and the song title. However, on the first song, there is no space between the star and song title... Is this intentional... or...

You have a good eye.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hrdee
You have a good eye.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks! Things like that just really piss me off!
Hate that TrustTwo advert so much. Plus any hotel booking advert.
I hate all adverts except this one
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NHtEyDrD4oA[/video]
The best advert ever created
That slimy new Wonga advert needs banning, making them out to be some kind of homely company
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I hate all adverts except this one
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NHtEyDrD4oA[/video]
The best advert ever created

I'll see your gorilla and raise you:
Gareth Southgate pizza hut in 96 ("ooh, this time he's hit the post!")
Carling black label dambusters
I haven't watched TV since I was little. Don't understand your pain.
Reply 19

Yes. CGI - the legs were stuck on to the man.

Quick Reply

Latest