The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Someone Spanish studying Foreign Languages at OU

I'm a native Spanish and I would like to study in September at the Open University Foreign Languages which is English and Spanish. Is there any Spanish who has studied those before? How difficult it is? Whatever information it would be very useful. Thank you.
Original post by Evie Natalia
I'm a native Spanish and I would like to study in September at the Open University Foreign Languages which is English and Spanish. Is there any Spanish who has studied those before? How difficult it is? Whatever information it would be very useful. Thank you.

Hi, I'm sure your English would be fine for starting at level 1 and moving up. I'm English and doing the Spanish and English route. Are you looking at doing the degree?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Sunny1610
Hi, I'm sure your English would be fine for starting at level 1 and moving up. I'm English and doing the Spanish and English route. Are you looking at doing the degree?

Hi Sunny1610. Yes, I would like to do the degree. I suppose that you can have the same problem in Spanish as I have in English to write an essays of 3000 words!! Although we can learn everything and improve on them. I would like to do full time, do you know what happen if you can't finsih it in 3 years? In the first year, can you choose the subjects? Are the English subjects difficult? Are those more about topic or grammar? I'm sorry too many questions. Thank you.
Don't worry about all the questions. I've been the same! With the open university you don't need to be tied to doing it in 3 years. Most people study part time and complete a degree in six years but some take longer or less time. There is one compulsory module at level 1 and then you choose your options which will determine what you study at levels 2 and 3. I would have a look at the subjects in detail on the website and see what you think would suit you best. I think there is a are you ready to study section which should give you an idea of where your English skills should be for starting study. There is also the access modules if you want to try something shorter first to see how you get on.
Reply 4
Original post by Sunny1610
Don't worry about all the questions. I've been the same! With the open university you don't need to be tied to doing it in 3 years. Most people study part time and complete a degree in six years but some take longer or less time. There is one compulsory module at level 1 and then you choose your options which will determine what you study at levels 2 and 3. I would have a look at the subjects in detail on the website and see what you think would suit you best. I think there is a are you ready to study section which should give you an idea of where your English skills should be for starting study. There is also the access modules if you want to try something shorter first to see how you get on.

Thank you for answering me. It is always welcome to receive some ideas at the beginning when you are starting something. I will have a look at the subjects :wink::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending