The Student Room Group

Wrong A-Level subjects

So when I chose my subjects I had a completely different career path in mind which isn't possible anymore. Because of that, my family have told me to go into working in anatomical pathology. I've worked really hard and my predicted grades are high, so meeting the grades needed for university won't be a problem. However, I currently have psychology, history and English. No biology.

I purposely didn't take biology because I didn't think I'd need it for the course I wanted to do, but here we are. I'm now really freaking out because naturally I'm thinking I won't get into anywhere when I come to apply, and I really need to go to university. I can't afford to redo A-levels. Please help!
Original post by Thatclovelygirl
So when I chose my subjects I had a completely different career path in mind which isn't possible anymore. Because of that, my family have told me to go into working in anatomical pathology. I've worked really hard and my predicted grades are high, so meeting the grades needed for university won't be a problem. However, I currently have psychology, history and English. No biology.

I purposely didn't take biology because I didn't think I'd need it for the course I wanted to do, but here we are. I'm now really freaking out because naturally I'm thinking I won't get into anywhere when I come to apply, and I really need to go to university. I can't afford to redo A-levels. Please help!

?? Why have they told you that? What's more, it's not for them to tell you what to study, most particularly not if the qualifications you have don't in any way match the course they think you should be doing. I know it is easy for anyone to say it's your life, and certainly parents can put a lot of pressure onto their children (I am a parent....) but they can't make you do a course for which you don't have the fundamental qualifications, and I think the first point to start at is going through the course requirements on Ucas to show them that it isn't going to happen. What do you actually want to do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending