goodyboy96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
My course starts on the 14th of September, but I can get my keys from the 1st. Does anyone have any ideas/experience on when a suitable time for me to move in should be? Cause I don't want to move in on the 1st cause I'll obviously be the only one in my flat :')

Also, does anyone know when Freshers week is in Leeds? because other people in my flat might move in sooner for freshers
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by goodyboy96)
My course starts on the 14th of September, but I can get my keys from the 1st. Does anyone have any ideas/experience on when a suitable time for me to move in should be? Cause I don't want to move in on the 1st cause I'll obviously be the only one in my flat :'

Also, does anyone know when Freshers week is in Leeds? because other people in my flat might move in sooner for freshers
If you re paying for it, why not move in early gives you time to get used to the city
goodyboy96
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
If you re paying for it, why not move in early gives you time to get used to the city
I would but I'm just scared that I'll be in this big empty flat on my own for a while haha, how many days before your course starts do people usually move in?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would but I'm just scared that I'll be in this big empty flat on my own for a while haha, how many days before your course starts do people usually move in?
my uni city had many different halls all with different days, i moved in a week before but some people on moved in 2/3 days before.
Nothing wrong with having the flat to yourself, you get to pick which is the best kitchen cupboard first.
withlove
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You won't be the only one to be there, as people who live in small villages or whatever will want to move ASAP to give them something to do. It gives you an opportunity to get to know people and get used to a new environment.
goodyboy96
Rep:
?
(Original post by withlove)
You won't be the only one to be there, as people who live in small villages or whatever will want to move ASAP to give them something to do. It gives you an opportunity to get to know people and get used to a new environment.
Yeah I get that but because my course start date is a couple weeks earlier than most people's anyway, I'm just scared that no body will be there because if their start date is around the end of September like most people's is, I doubt anyone will move in a month before :')

I'll probably move in the second week of September because that gives me like 4 days
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My course starts on the 14th of September, but I can get my keys from the 1st. Does anyone have any ideas/experience on when a suitable time for me to move in should be? Cause I don't want to move in on the 1st cause I'll obviously be the only one in my flat :')

I moved. In the Sunday before the first day so yeah Leeds students usually move in the weekend before freshers how do I know ? My nab our goes there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Roving Fish
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Being there as early as you can will enable you to get to know your flat mates before freshers kicks off.
New- Emperor
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You ean't to move in with other people or befor them so that you are part of the clique and not left out talk to peopl on Facebook and find out when they are moving in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (38)
26.03%
No (108)
73.97%

Watched Threads