The Student Room Group

290 million spent since 2013..

Manchester United have spent a reported £289.35 million on players since Fergie retired in 2013. Nice to see financial "fair play" is working.

Scroll to see replies

Why do so many people have that avatar?
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Why do so many people have that avatar?

We're all in a special club. We meet on every third Thursday of a month.
Modern football now, isn't it? Teams like Leeds, Forest, Derby, Villa etc. have had their day. No one is breaking into that Top 4/5 now, they're too rich.
Reply 4
Yeah, but we rich bitch
Original post by TornadoGR4
Modern football now, isn't it? Teams like Leeds, Forest, Derby, Villa etc. have had their day. No one is breaking into that Top 4/5 now, they're too rich.

Do you ever feel like giving up on football?
Original post by Wilfred Little
Do you ever feel like giving up on football?

Interesting question, I actually don't know.

I reckon the only thing that would stop me is internationals. England are **** but internationals aren't really a closed shop. Unless you're from a really small country or summut.

Premier League is an absolute joke. The worldwide marketing has been terrible for competition.

When money speaks more than skill, you have to question the integrity of the game.

But then I'm also of the opinion that most Premier League footballers are overpaid nancies, so :h:
Reply 9
FFP was always just implemented to keep the status quo and the rich old elite able to fend off the likes of PSG and City at arm's length. This will just get worse and worse, and the disparity between the upper echelons and the lower-league clubs will become increasingly contrasting.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Manchester United have spent a reported £289.35 million on players since Fergie retired in 2013. Nice to see financial "fair play" is working.

https://vine.co/v/e5vWjWnje7Y

umad?
In SAFs last few years the investment in the playing staff was way, way below it needed to be, this money has partly been making up for that failure.
FFP doesn't really affect clubs that generate so much revenue which they can use to spend on players e.g. Barca, Real, and United

I was. Watched vine. Laughed prefosuley. Now happy.
Original post by Mackay
FFP was always just implemented to keep the status quo and the rich old elite able to fend off the likes of PSG and City at arm's length. This will just get worse and worse, and the disparity between the upper echelons and the lower-league clubs will become increasingly contrasting.

Think you've nailed it, tbh.

It is?

FFP was designed to stop clubs outspending beyond their means and to encourage generating revenue streams within clubs........

You honestly not see that?

Yeah not like Southampton, Liverpool and Tottenham could...... :rolleyes:
Original post by Mackay

So it wasn't to force clubs like Man City to earn money if they wish to grow?

You clearly dont even get what financial fair play is for...therefore we all collective refuse to debate this with you any further............
Original post by billydisco
It is?

FFP was designed to stop clubs outspending beyond their means and to encourage generating revenue streams within clubs........

You honestly not see that?

As it has been said, FFP was introduced to maintain Europes hierarchy. There's nothing "Fair" about it.
If PSG or Man City have the money why not spend it?

Quick Reply