ryanroks1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey all,

I'm in year 12 and we've just started our progression week, which today involved signing up to UCAS and filling in all the relevant information.

I'm sure I read somewhere on here that you had to enter all GCSEs, including first attempts that you then resat. In my case, this would have meant entering maths twice given I sat it in November and got a B, and then in summer and got an A. However, when I asked my sixth form support officer about this, she told me to not bother and that it would look better without, and also added it's not compulsory to declare qualifications you resat. Is she wrong? Has it changed for 2016 entry? I think the thread I saw was for 2014-15. So confused aha!
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ryanroks1)
Hey all,

I'm in year 12 and we've just started our progression week, which today involved signing up to UCAS and filling in all the relevant information.

I'm sure I read somewhere on here that you had to enter all GCSEs, including first attempts that you then resat. In my case, this would have meant entering maths twice given I sat it in November and got a B, and then in summer and got an A. However, when I asked my sixth form support officer about this, she told me to not bother and that it would look better without, and also added it's not compulsory to declare qualifications you resat. Is she wrong? Has it changed for 2016 entry? I think the thread I saw was for 2014-15. So confused aha!
you have to declare whatever grades are on any gcse certificiates. Never heard of needing to put resits in, just put down the date that you got the A in maths down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Course Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 2 Feb '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 5 February 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (61)
35.67%
I really love the subject (44)
25.73%
I don't know what else to do (22)
12.87%
I can't get a job (13)
7.6%
My parents want me to (4)
2.34%