Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who's looking forwards to going to Bristol and who's dreading it?

At the moment, I'm looking forwards to meeting new people, but I'm dreading the loans and money stuff that I have to sort out! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dolphinz)

At the moment, I'm looking forwards to meeting new people, but I'm dreading the loans and money stuff that I have to sort out! :eek:
    Yeah, I've just put that to the back of my mind, and I'm getting really excited about going. Like a giddy schoolgirl really, which is quite disturbing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dolphinz)

At the moment I'm desperately excited Every time I read something about Bristol or look over the uni info I get butterflies in my stomach. Bristol was my first choice uni from the moment I went to an open day nearly a year ago, and I can't believe I'm going there in September! I'm not worrying about loans and stuff nearly as much as I'm worrying about exams and getting the grades though I'm so scared of messing up that I'm not even thinking about anything beyond that - except maybe worrying that I won't make any friends or that I'll hate it there or...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Yeah, I've just put that to the back of my mind, and I'm getting really excited about going. Like a giddy schoolgirl really, which is quite disturbing...
    You really took that helium idea to heart didn't you? Or should I say to voice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    You really took that helium idea to heart didn't you? Or should I saw to voice?
    I'm not normally excitable but this really is a big big exciting thing (great vocab eh?) for me, and I can't wait to go.

ReputationRep:
    I cant wait to get there!!!! Been looking at the map from the accommodation prospectus trying learn my way around. Yes I am a sad ******* I took a gap year so ive been out of school for a year. Im well rested and raring to go. Havent been home since October and my job is getting old real fast.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really looking forward to going, but quite scared too - not knowing anyone going! What are you all doing, and which halls are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    I'm positively anxious :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fraser)
    I'm really looking forward to going, but quite scared too - not knowing anyone going! What are you all doing, and which halls are you applying to?
    I'm doing the sexy subject of Civil Engineering (with a year abroad, very important that) and I put Badock, Churchill, Hiatt-Baker, Wills and CHH (in that order)

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to it, but don't know anyone else going either! I'm doing cancer biology, think I'm putting Wills as my first choice but I'm a bit worried about its 'public school' reputation....does anyone know how much truth there is in that?

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure about how bad it is, I went to visit and fell in love with Wills, everyone seemed really nice. But the rooms which had ensuite were tiny! The older ones were better but then you have to share facilities and sometimes a room. I was worried about the public school image as well. I read some stuff on the net and decided to go for the ones nearer the uni i.e. Goldney and CHH. What subject are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure about how bad it is, I went to visit and fell in love with Wills, everyone seemed really nice. But the rooms which had ensuite were tiny! The older ones were better but then you have to share facilities and sometimes a room. I was worried about the public school image as well. I read some stuff on the net and decided to go for the ones nearer the uni i.e. Goldney and CHH. What subject are you doing?
    It definitely seems really nice there, I've given up on the idea of getting an ensuite anyway. Goldney seems nice, but seems difficult to get into and is really expensive considering its self catering...but then the social life there is supposed to be really good, so there are pros and cons for all of them! :confused:
    Think I'll stick to applying to Wills first, then maybe churchill or CHH. I'm doing cancer biology (easier to say biology because then I don't keep getting asked what it is!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justwoodii)
    It definitely seems really nice there, I've given up on the idea of getting an ensuite anyway. Goldney seems nice, but seems difficult to get into and is really expensive considering its self catering...but then the social life there is supposed to be really good, so there are pros and cons for all of them! :confused:
    Think I'll stick to applying to Wills first, then maybe churchill or CHH. I'm doing cancer biology (easier to say biology because then I don't keep getting asked what it is!)
    I was looking through the accommodation prospectus, and I found something which appears to sum up Wills. Whilst Badock has a snooker room, Wills has a billiards room. 'Nuff said

ReputationRep:
    It's just a shame that Wills isn't self-catered as well as catered, otherwise I would have applied to go there. The older buildings really are beautiful, and has a wonderful atmosphere of tradition, even when there are no students in residence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meghan)
    It's just a shame that Wills isn't self-catered as well as catered, otherwise I would have applied to go there. The older buildings really are beautiful, and has a wonderful atmosphere of tradition, even when there are no students in residence.
    I would quite like to have gone there but one of my friends who's off to Bristol is applying there as his first choice, and I don't want to be in the same halls as him - I want a clean start and there'll be the temptation to not make as many friends if he's there. My grandad stayed in Wills in the 20s too, apparently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    I would quite like to have gone there but one of my friends who's off to Bristol is applying there as his first choice, and I don't want to be in the same halls as him - I want a clean start and there'll be the temptation to not make as many friends if he's there. My grandad stayed in Wills in the 20s too, apparently
    Definitely best to make a clean break of it. Only one person in my entire 6th form is going to Bristol - and that's only as her second choice.

It's quite strange, but my mum went to Bristol to do the same (kinda) course as myself, but I steered clear of the halls she stayed in. :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.