The Student Room Group

Texting the ex

So my ex and I broke up very soon after heading off to uni - she ended up in bed with another guy, don't know whether she cheated, and then proceeded to ignore me completely to text him when I visited. Pretty outrageous considering her talk of kids and soulmates just weeks earlier.

Anyway, I removed her from fb a couple of months after the breakup because I wasn't recovering seeing her on there everyday, knowing she was talking to my replacement.

Is this pretty common with relationships once people have headed off to uni? I mean, despite her really strong rhetoric, and seemingly genuine level of caring, she got together with this guy almost immediately...

A couple of months later, she texted me saying I had hurt her by removing her. She said that was missing me a little and told me her head had gone into "overdrive" when I suggested I might be seeing someone else. She said that she "felt lost".

Turns out the other guy had gone off to Europe for 3 months (something she knew about). She told me that she had ignored how she felt because of the distractions of uni so hadn't thought of me very much but now it was hitting her.

Should the fact that she chose to contact me be taken as a genuine sign of having missed me i.e. the distraction was removed and then she started to think of me/how our relaitonship had been in comparison with seeing him?
Reply 1
I should add that we had only been together for 4 very intense months, so maybe that was the problem?
Original post by Anonymous
I should add that we had only been together for 4 very intense months, so maybe that was the problem?

If im being totally honest she showed little commitment to you when you went to university, i would personally forget about her, as she didnt care...

The 4 months here shows the relationship was fairly new and thus she didnt really become committed and feel total love for you... If you had been together for 2 years it would be different here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Natalierm2707
If im being totally honest she showed little commitment to you when you went to university, i would personally forget about her, as she didnt care...

The 4 months here shows the relationship was fairly new and thus she didnt really become committed and feel total love for you... If you had been together for 2 years it would be different here

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually it was closer to 5 but
Actually it was closer to 5 but

Its still in its honeymoon stages really until 1 year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Bro, the first 6 months meant to be lovey dovey for couple. We've been there, in love and attached to our partner. Every ladies out there seems incomparable to our own partner. But for your case, I second the previous post. She is not committed. There is potential that she is bored with you one day and she will just toss you aside. I suggest you consider your feelings towards her. She may not be ready for any commitment for any relationship. So, bro, move on.
Reply 6
Original post by Natalierm2707
Its still in its honeymoon stages really until 1 year

Posted from TSR Mobile

And that makes it easier for people to leave? Do you think breaking up for uni is necessary?
Move on with your life! She probably does miss you but I think she has already displayed what she is really like. Enjoy your uni experience without this unnecessary drama!
And that makes it easier for people to leave? Do you think breaking up for uni is necessary?

Well as the relationship was so young you barely knew each other as a couple would in a long term relationship.
As for your second point it depends on commitment... I have been with my boyfriend over 3 years and he is off to uni next year as am i, and we plan to stay together no matter what, we are 100% committed and loyal and have been throughout our relationship... I would definetly not cheat or flirt as i am with him etc. we have respect for our relationship and eachother which we have gained over time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending