The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Anyone applied for Foundation Programme: Joint Honours Degree?

Hi,

I finished Pre-Access course at South Thames College this year and the organisation of the college is a mess. I want to apply for Foundation Programme: Joint Honours at Derby university but I am really scared because of the numeracy skills test. I am really bad at maths and afraid that they tell me that I have to level 2 again. I definitely will not repeat a course that I paid by my own and put so much effort. Is the numeracy skills test so hard?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

I'm taking my maths and English tests for the access course tomorrow.. I presume they can't be that different so I'll let you know what it's like! They're usually just basic tests to see what level you're at though :smile:
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by chelseyrenee16
I'm taking my maths and English tests for the access course tomorrow.. I presume they can't be that different so I'll let you know what it's like! They're usually just basic tests to see what level you're at though :smile:

Hi,
How was the test and was it too difficult?
No it was surprisingly easy!!
Reply 4
That's true. I done mine today. Too basic!
Hey, I applied and was made an unconditional offer last Monday :-). Good luck to those still to take the tests and those who have taken them and are awaiting for a response.
Original post by Stephy17
That's true. I done mine today. Too basic!

Hiya, how did you get on with the tests?
Original post by baixinha
Hi,

I finished Pre-Access course at South Thames College this year and the organisation of the college is a mess. I want to apply for Foundation Programme: Joint Honours at Derby university but I am really scared because of the numeracy skills test. I am really bad at maths and afraid that they tell me that I have to level 2 again. I definitely will not repeat a course that I paid by my own and put so much effort. Is the numeracy skills test so hard?

Thanks

Hi There
I am not so good with maths either and was dreading the thought of taking the tests but honestly they are quite basic so I think you'll be ok.
Reply 8
Congrats to everyone that got their offer. I was made a conditional offer too.
All the best for you guys.
Reply 9
Hi guys. I got an uncoditional offer too.Does anyone know how many hours per week is it?I'll get my timetable on September 2nd I'm just wondering if I'll be able to work will studying?Thanks
Original post by Liaar
Hi guys. I got an uncoditional offer too.Does anyone know how many hours per week is it?I'll get my timetable on September 2nd I'm just wondering if I'll be able to work will studying?Thanks

Not quite sure, I get my timetable on the 8th but I heard its 4 days per week with Friday off but don't bank me on that. It was someone who did the foundation last year that told me that
Hi guys I've just finished the foundation at Derby so if you have any questions ask away 😊 also there are Facebook groups for access/foundation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Well I got my timetable.3 days a week, Wednesday to Friday,from 10 till 4. Lynetteb35 how did you find it?Were you able to work at the time?
Reply 13
I got my timetable a while ago and I've got -
Mon 10 - 4
Tues 10 - 12.30
Wed 10 - 4
Original post by Liaar
Well I got my timetable.3 days a week, Wednesday to Friday,from 10 till 4. Lynetteb35 how did you find it?Were you able to work at the time?

Hi there, I didn't work whilst I did foundation but I did have a house to run, my other half, two kids and three dogs lol. I believe that some people did work as well as doing the course. The course was fantastic and the lecturers were all very good too. What subjects are you doing? And do you know who your tutor is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingy90
I got my timetable a while ago and I've got -
Mon 10 - 4
Tues 10 - 12.30
Wed 10 - 4

What subjects are you doing? And who is your tutor?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I'm doing Psychology, Sociology and English Literature plus study skills and English skills. My tutor is Joanne Vale
I now have my Timetable

Wed 10-4
Thu 10-4
Fri 10-4
Original post by kingy90
I'm doing Psychology, Sociology and English Literature plus study skills and English skills. My tutor is Joanne Vale

Those are the subjects I did :smile: I never met Jo though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UrbanSoul
I now have my Timetable

Wed 10-4
Thu 10-4
Fri 10-4

Three full days is good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending