The Student Room Group

When to start personal statement..................

Okay so it's nearly the summer holidays and results day is also like a month away, what's scary is many people/ friends that have gone to other colleges have done their first draft of personal statement.

We have been told not to worry about that yet and wait till results day as our results may affect what Uni course we may choose. But I'm kind worrying now , I mean I dont want to fall back or rush the personal statement.

Do you think I and many others should do a scrap version of our P.S I mean it 's actually quite difficult thinking about it. If there is anyone out there who has done a P.S for psychology can you please give some advice on how to make a personal statement interesting regarding a degree in Psychology. Thanks.or shall I do a map and slowly build up on that? Anyway.....

Good luck y'all for results day, ........ so nervous .........hope to get good grades. :smile:
You should really start drafting, or at least getting all your ideas together.
One way to 'start' is to think about stuff you'd put on there, and so what stuff you need to have done between now and writing your PS. Stuff like have you had any work experience, have you been to any public lectures or summer schools to show your interest in HE/Psychology, have you read any books etc.. don't worry if you haven't ticked all of your boxes yet, you just need to know what you've done already and what you need to do.
Reply 3
Original post by thecatwithnohat
You should really start drafting, or at least getting all your ideas together.

Thanks for the advice, I will.
Reply 4
One thing though, I really started to enjoy psychology when I started it this year as an AS , the real reason I choose it was because psychology has always been interesting you know the behaviour of people, how something can be fixed and what I would always question myself is why this and why that and so picked this course to discover and learn more about stuff., so how would I develop that into a first intro paragraph? Thanks.:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM
One way to 'start' is to think about stuff you'd put on there, and so what stuff you need to have done between now and writing your PS. Stuff like have you had any work experience, have you been to any public lectures or summer schools to show your interest in HE/Psychology, have you read any books etc.. don't worry if you haven't ticked all of your boxes yet, you just need to know what you've done already and what you need to do.

Thanks once again...
Look at the links in my signature - there is the PS builder and an article for writing a psychology PS
Reply 7
Original post by *Interrobang*
Look at the links in my signature - there is the PS builder and an article for writing a psychology PS

Okay thanks. Cant find the links????
I want to study Psych at uni too- I'm going into year 12 but this thread is interesting :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending