Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
In the foreseeable future. My vehicles in my garage will be:

Ducati Monster : Look nice
Ducati 748 : Epitome of sports bikes
Porsche 911 : Gotta get one of these
Rolls Royce : For the man that has everything

I plan on more, but cant decide. Once I have my degree, I will have these!!!
cimmie
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
In the foreseeable future. My vehicles in my garage will be:

Ducati Monster : Look nice
Ducati 748 : Epitome of sports bikes
Porsche 911 : Gotta get one of these
Rolls Royce : For the man that has everything

I plan on more, but cant decide. Once I have my degree, I will have these!!!
ok, but no rolls royce - better a marbach
no duc monster - better another racing bike - like the Yamaha R1
and perhaps a little Ferrari...
Bhaal85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cimmie)
ok, but no rolls royce - better a marbach
no duc monster - better another racing bike - like the Yamaha R1
and perhaps a little Ferrari...
Gotta have the ROLLS. Dont like Yamaha. Ferrarai is too common these days! lol.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
£16 000 of bikes, and £220 000 of cars; what degree are you planning on getting??
cimmie
Report 15 years ago
nothing against yamaha they are very good!! They run! Better than a duc!
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
£16 000 of bikes, and £220 000 of cars; what degree are you planning on getting??
LAW. But obviously I am gonna start collecting them. I know I am capeable of success. But I have always wanted to own these vehicles.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, fair enough then. May overconfidence not be your downfall
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
Well, fair enough then. May overconfidence not be your downfall
If anything, I am more determined than ever! Thanks.
cimmie
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
dealing with drugs
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
he should get a Nova, get all the mods, shove a potato in the exhaust cos the louder it is, the more of a bruv u r. also, do not forget the 'jockey weekly mag along' with a flat-peaked cap placed at 90 degrees on yer head complete with piky trainers, tracksuit and tucked in footie socks. Also, remember to pester everybody with ur chanting of 'yer got a snout bruv' and 'come on then grand-ma'.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Gotta have the Rolls eh? You just have to have a brie and ham Roll, or even the chicken salad Roll...
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes, we do love them, don't we?

Remember, if you cant afford a "mod" (urgh) then bodge it yourself.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Blamps)
he should get a Nova, get all the mods, shove a potato in the exhaust cos the louder it is, the more of a bruv u r. also, do not forget the 'jockey weekly mag along' with a flat-peaked cap placed at 90 degrees on yer head complete with piky trainers, tracksuit and tucked in footie socks. Also, remember to pester everybody with ur chanting of 'yer got a snout bruv' and 'come on then grand-ma'.
lol

.....and a partridge in a pear tree.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hang on, Ferrari too common but you want a 911? A car which has had to have constant evolution to correct a huge handling flaw thanks to the engine being in the wrong place? Oh dear oh dear
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
How much did you all spend in getting your licence? (icluding test costs, lessons et al.)
Lesson costs worked out at about £600 - £15 a pop and it took 40 lessons (I didn't have a car other than my instructors that I could practice in as my hubby's family all drove auto's at the time).

Cant remember the test costs but it wasn't extortionate.

My first car cost £650 and was a lovely little (at the time 7 yr old) metro, first yrs insurance (in my name of course - using yourself as a named driver is a waste of money in the long term just drive a cheaper car for a few yrs) cost £700, 2nd yr £450, 3rd yr £350 and it more or less leveled out there as I switched to a newer bigger engined astra. In May I'll have the max 5 yrs no claims which I'm planning to insure.

I drive 70 miles a day to get to work and back - and did the same in my metro for the last 1 1/2 yrs at uni. Although I now car share with my other half who works halfway between home and my work. My metro and astra both used to cost £75 a month in petrol to do that journey every day. Hubby's car (a 1 yr old ford focus estate auto which is underpowered for the motorway driving it has to do each day) costs more like £150 a month for the same journey.

My metro was a bit of a dog and cost on average £250 per MOT but then I used to get anything and everything that needed fixing done at the same time. Even though I scrapped the car 2 yrs ago it recently cost me another £100 because the DVLA lost the paperwork telling them it had been scrapped and took me to court (in Liverpool - 300 miles away on a work day with only 2 days notice if I wanted to plead not guilty...which was why I paid up - the petrol and holiday from work would have cost more than the fine (not to mention the lawyers fees)).

I love driving - I hate cars and all the hassles they bring. My astra gets used about once a month - but usually when I need to go a long way (ie home to Lpool) without hubby...I'm keeping it with a low milage insurance to keep the no claims discount (as hubby's car is leased through motability and so cannot be used to build up/keep no claims)...plus if one car breaks or one of us has to work unsociable hours we have a backup.

I also pay £10 a month for a parking permit for work (although I also know where all the free parking spaces are around our nearby town centres...paying for parking annoys me).
mjf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have a Smart Car which is pretty cool...inside they have dual airbags, and a safety cell which is all good for the safety aspect. They have an alarm/immobiliser again for safety. Buil by Merceds and go up to 95 mph which is fast enough really! They are cheaper insurance and tax than any other car and it costs me £10 to fill it up! Inside they are very roomy - contrary to what people believe..I am 6'3" and it was one of the few cars I could get my legs under the steering wheel...also they are quite gimicky. On the downside you only have two seats, but for most people they usually only travel by themselves or with one other person in the car.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
the autotrader website will give you a list of corsas for less than 2k, i would advise a 1.5TD where you can get upto 65 miles to the gallon, a basic 1.0 12v will only get you 38-45 to the gallon (if you keep it under 60 m.p.h)
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (38)
14.67%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (37)
14.29%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
20.85%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (98)
37.84%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (14)
5.41%
No particular grades needed (18)
6.95%