Should I be worried about going to university a virgin?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm a girl who is heading off to uni soon and I just wondered whether I will be judged due to being a virgin? I just haven't really had a serious relationship yet and didn't find the right person to loose it to at sixth form. In your experience have the majority of people who go to uni already lost their virginity?

I'm also worried about Freshers Week as many people say you loose it there due to getting wasted but I really don't want to do that and then regret it. Any advice?
Fullofquestions1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
should you be worried about going uni a virgin? no
as for freshers well..... better know you limits.
corax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, honestly no one cares about who's a virgin or not.
At the end of the day, what you do is your business, no one else's.

I think Fresher's week is hyped up to be more than it is, I knew a few people who lost it or had sex with lots of people in but the majority didn't.
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh please, it's not important at all. No one even asks you if you're a virgin or not, no one cares about your business.

Freshers week is overhyped. Before you know it the week will be over and it will be time to start focusing on your work. So don't worry about it. You're at university to study.
alexschmalex
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Went to uni as a virgin and have remained one. Those who know don't care, and those who do care aren't worth my breath. It isn't a big deal at all, you'll be fine
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm a girl who is heading off to uni soon and I just wondered whether I will be judged due to being a virgin? I just haven't really had a serious relationship yet and didn't find the right person to loose it to at sixth form. In your experience have the majority of people who go to uni already lost their virginity?

I'm also worried about Freshers Week as many people say you loose it there due to getting wasted but I really don't want to do that and then regret it. Any advice?
Who's going to know you are a virgin unless you tell them? You don't have to mention it to people if you're not comfortable talking about it. It's perfectly fine not to want to share details of your sex life with relative strangers- no-one will think this is weird.

If you don't want to get drunk and sleep with a relative stranger, then don't. You probably shouldn't be getting that drunk in a new environment anyway.
kingoftheting
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No. Nobody cares.
*Thedreaming*
Badges: 17
Report 6 years ago
Who Cares.
Idlemild
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
At school, people aren't having as much sex as you think they are. In freshers' week, same applies. I've went through three freshers' weeks now and it's really not the debauched event of vice and sin that it's hyped to be. It's a good time, meet pals, leave school behind, and don't waste your time with anyone who will judge you for something like whether you've slept with someone or not. You don't need them in your university life or anywhere else in your life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (33)
5.62%
Uncertainty around my education (69)
11.75%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
12.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.62%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (31)
5.28%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (63)
10.73%
Financial worries (38)
6.47%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (24)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.79%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.56%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (59)
10.05%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.01%

Watched Threads