Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You know, those people who try to sell you stuff over the phone.

Me: "Hello"
    Him (normal voice): "Good evening, is that Mr. (surname)?" (I assume he wants Dad)
    Me: "Sorry, he is at work at the moment"
    Him: "Oh I see, is he the property owner?"
    Me: "Yes - can I take a message at all?"
    Him (in Russian accent): "Yeees, you can tell him that James rang yeeeess....he will know....."
    Me: "Uh, alright..."
    Him (in Russian accent): "Don't tell aaaaaaaanybody else I rang, yeeeeees"
    Me: "Alright, I'll tell him you rang"
    Him (in Dracula style voice): "Goodbyeeee, gooodbyeee"
    Me: "Bye."
    Him: "Goooooooodbyeeeeeee"
    *Hangs up*

Heh, these people must get really really bored having to sift through all these numbers trying to flog people stuff.

Have you had any odd telephone calls?

(Edit - I had errors posting the entire message so that's why I'm reediting it now)

ReputationRep:
    i work in a call centre do surveys though about radio listening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonJam)
    You know, those people who try to sell you stuff over the phone.

Me: "Hello"
    Him (normal voice): "Good evening, is that Mr. (surname)?" (I assume he wants Dad)
    Me: "Sorry, he is at work at the moment"
    Him: "Oh I see, is he the property owner?"
    Me: "Yes - can I take a message at all?"
    Him (in Russian accent): "Yeees, you can tell him that James rang yeeeess....he will know....."
    Me: "Uh, alright..."
    Him (in Russian accent): "Don't tell aaaaaaaanybody else I rang, yeeeeees"
    Me: "Alright, I'll tell him you rang"
    Him (in Dracula style voice): "Goodbyeeee, gooodbyeee"
    Me: "Bye."
    Him: "Goooooooodbyeeeeeee"
    *Hangs up*

Heh, these people must get really really bored having to sift through all these numbers trying to flog people stuff.

Have you had any odd telephone calls?

(Edit - I had errors posting the entire message so that's why I'm reediting it now)
    :eek: That's faintly alarming. But also very amusing, he sounds like a member of the Russian Mafia. Not that I have experience with Russian Mafia Members.

ReputationRep:
    I had one where this old lady kept ringing late at night

She would go "heeelloo?....heelloo?"
    and then I would do , sorry you have the wrong number
    her: "oh sorry deeeaar"

(this would be at about half ten at night)

and she kept doing it! Scared the hell out me:eek:

ReputationRep:
    I was reading "Impromptu games you play" on the b3ta message board, and they have a lot of people in call centres who get bored. Games included inserting random words such as "marzipan" into the calls, or song titles. Another was shouting a random word in the middle of the call and carrying on as if nothing happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    I was reading "Impromptu games you play" on the b3ta message board, and they have a lot of people in call centres who get bored. Games included inserting random words such as "marzipan" into the calls, or song titles. Another was shouting a random word in the middle of the call and carrying on as if nothing happened.
    When I was fourteen we used to dial random mobile numbers and ask people if they picked up whether they liked tomatoes or not in a variety of foreign accents.

ReputationRep:
    have any of you seen "The Ring" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    When I was fourteen we used to dial random mobile numbers and ask people if they picked up whether they liked tomatoes or not in a variety of foreign accents.
    The other ones you can all play are telephoning random numbers and asking if Neville was there. If you get someone called Neville, you have to keep him on the line as long as possible. The other one is to get a random number of somebody you know on your mobile, and ring them with a kazoo in your mouth shouting obscenities down the line

ReputationRep:
    The other ones you can all play are telephoning random numbers and asking if Neville was there. If you get someone called Neville, you have to keep him on the line as long as possible. The other one is to get a random number of somebody you know on your mobile, and ring them with a kazoo in your mouth shouting obscenities down the line
    Heh heh, I still think those are funny How childish am I?

ReputationRep:
    Heh heh, I still think those are funny How childish am I?
    Oh I still think they're funny too We've not *quite* hijacked this one yet...

ReputationRep:
    Oh I still think they're funny too We've not *quite* hijacked this one yet...
    Not quite, definitely not your record!

ReputationRep:
    Not quite, definitely not your record!
    I keep expecting to log on and all my posts have disappeared because the mods delete all the threads with useless crap that I've hijacked.

ReputationRep:
    I keep expecting to log on and all my posts have disappeared because the mods delete all the threads with useless crap that I've hijacked.
    lol, think I should get your msn add so we stop hijacking all these threads.

ReputationRep:
    Noooo, carry on chatting in here! I'm glad people are actually posting in my topics!

Another non-phone related game to play is the 'elevator game' where you run in to a lift, hit the buttons for all the floors then leg it as fast as possible!

ReputationRep:
    Noooo, carry on chatting in here! I'm glad people are actually posting in my topics!

Another non-phone related game to play is the 'elevator game' where you run in to a lift, hit the buttons for all the floors then leg it as fast as possible!
    My brother and I used to play the lift-sick game. We both got into the lift, looked at the mirrored ceiling and span round and round until the lift door opened. Then we saw who recovered faster from the ensuing feeling of wretchedness. Fun!

ReputationRep:

I want to get a desk, move it into a lift so when you sit at it you face the door,and when the doors open and there's people standing there, say "I've been expecting you"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    My brother and I used to play the lift-sick game. We both got into the lift, looked at the mirrored ceiling and span round and round until the lift door opened. Then we saw who recovered faster from the ensuing feeling of wretchedness. Fun!
    lol at work we used to play a game... see how far from where the lift stops you could open the gate and still get out hehe it was fun and I never got stuck once! (BTW it was a cage lift)

ReputationRep:
    More games! More games!

I will try as many as I can during my 3 month summer holiday.

ReputationRep:
    I want to get a desk, move it into a lift so when you sit at it you face the door,and when the doors open and there's people standing there, say "I've been expecting you"
    Tha'ts very trigger happy tv or smack the pony Those were classy shows.

ReputationRep:
    You remember that episode of friends where Phoebe's doing telesales and some guy says he wants to kill himself? And she gets really concerned? Well I did that once. Except the guy on the other end didn't care. And then I actually did want to kill myself.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 2, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.