Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Interesting conversation with a telemarketer.... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    I want to get a desk, move it into a lift so when you sit at it you face the door,and when the doors open and there's people standing there, say "I've been expecting you"
    Hehehe, that one cracked me up, it's gotta be done...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    You remember that episode of where Phoebe's doing telesales and some guy says he wants to kill himself? And she gets really concerned? Well I did that once. Except the guy on the other end didn't care. And then I actually did want to kill myself.
    aww..poor hun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Hehehe, that one cracked me up, it's gotta be done...
    We'll have to do it at Bristol

ReputationRep:
    in the van gogh museum in amsterdam, the lift doesn't have walls-the walls are the lift shaft and if you touch the wall, the lift stops-we had so much fun going up and down but then comething went wrong and we went to the basement even though you need the key to make it go down there. whooops

ReputationRep:
    I have had bad experiences with lifts, thanx for reminding me, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    I have had bad experiences with lifts, thanx for reminding me, lol
    When I was little I got stuck between the doors and the lift started going up. My grandad pulled me out but the shopping centre got closed down

ReputationRep:
    I want to get a desk, move it into a lift so when you sit at it you face the door,and when the doors open and there's people standing there, say "I've been expecting you"
    They've done that in Trigger Happy TV only with someone eating dinner at a table I think!

Haha Trigger Happy TV was classic, I remember when they did a Supermarket Sweep style show then legged it while the guy was running around the supermarket putting stuff in his trolley. =P And when they did the 'CONGRATULATIONS to the 1,000th customer!" outside a sex shop in London. =) And of course the blindfold taste tests where they blindfold some random guy then run off!

If you watch the extras of the Best of Series 1 DVD they dress up as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and invade Teletubbie land! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonJam)
    Noooo, carry on chatting in here! I'm glad people are actually posting in my topics!

Another non-phone related game to play is the 'elevator game' where you run in to a lift, hit the buttons for all the floors then leg it as fast as possible!
    i did that at the american embassy in mauritius as sonn as i got out, someone else got in. oh how i laughed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    When I was little I got stuck between the doors and the lift started going up. My grandad pulled me out but the shopping centre got closed down
    Bloody hell that must've been quite scary. One of my fears is being trapped in some grimy lift in an old apartment block in darkness.

ReputationRep:
    i just found this gem on another forum

ReputationRep:
    They've done that in Trigger Happy TV only with someone eating dinner at a table I think!

Haha Trigger Happy TV was classic, I remember when they did a Supermarket Sweep style show then legged it while the guy was running around the supermarket putting stuff in his trolley. =P And when they did the 'CONGRATULATIONS to the 1,000th customer!" outside a sex shop in London. =) And of course the blindfold taste tests where they blindfold some random guy then run off!

If you watch the extras of the Best of Series 1 DVD they dress up as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and invade Teletubbie land! :rolleyes:
    Lol Trigger Happy TV's great I've got the 3 DVD box set! I'd love to go into the LRC in college with a huge mobile phone "Hello! Yeah I'm in the LRC! The LRC at college!" lol the look on the LRC staff's faces :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, didn't he do that mobile phone trick during some Primary School's play once?

Harsh!

ReputationRep:
    i once told the guy to hold for a min., and then left the phone off the hook it works

ReputationRep:
    my grandma used 2 live with us, and cos she was my dad's mum, she and my mum were both Mrs Surname. she died last year, so now, when telesales people ring up asking for Mrs Surname, i can legitimately say 'she's dead'. that always freaks them out and they hang up!

ReputationRep:
    You know, those people who try to sell you stuff over the phone.

Me: "Hello"
    Him (normal voice): "Good evening, is that Mr. (surname)?" (I assume he wants Dad)
    Me: "Sorry, he is at work at the moment"
    Him: "Oh I see, is he the property owner?"
    Me: "Yes - can I take a message at all?"
    Him (in Russian accent): "Yeees, you can tell him that James rang yeeeess....he will know....."
    Me: "Uh, alright..."
    Him (in Russian accent): "Don't tell aaaaaaaanybody else I rang, yeeeeees"
    Me: "Alright, I'll tell him you rang"
    Him (in Dracula style voice): "Goodbyeeee, gooodbyeee"
    Me: "Bye."
    Him: "Goooooooodbyeeeeeee"
    *Hangs up*

Heh, these people must get really really bored having to sift through all these numbers trying to flog people stuff.

Have you had any odd telephone calls?

(Edit - I had errors posting the entire message so that's why I'm reediting it now)
    oh, I see, Ill tell Boris nto to bother you again. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    i just found this gem on another forum
    Lol, that's quality.

ReputationRep:
    I was reading "Impromptu games you play" on the b3ta message board, and they have a lot of people in call centres who get bored. Games included inserting random words such as "marzipan" into the calls, or song titles. Another was shouting a random word in the middle of the call and carrying on as if nothing happened.

wierd, thats what we did at r work once lol, i work in a call centre

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 2, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.