The Student Room Group

Skeleton

Anyone going to buy a skeleton and if so which one? I know you can hire them from uni, but i fancy buying one :smile:
Unless you want a room decoration, my advice would be don't bother. We got loaned one (well, a box of bones) in the 1st year of my course and I never used it once. If you are really hell bent on buying one, then my advice would be the cheapest one you can find. I think you can get fold out cardboard ones now?
Original post by Twtj
Anyone going to buy a skeleton and if so which one? I know you can hire them from uni, but i fancy buying one :smile:

www.physique.co.uk have a full size for £144 + p&p

Physioroom.co.uk might also be worth a look and you can always rely on eBay to find something cheap!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Ironmike
Unless you want a room decoration, my advice would be don't bother. We got loaned one (well, a box of bones) in the 1st year of my course and I never used it once. If you are really hell bent on buying one, then my advice would be the cheapest one you can find. I think you can get fold out cardboard ones now?

Well this has to be a throwback to the last Apprentice

That's Felipe
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Mike the MOG
www.physique.co.uk have a full size for £144 + p&p

Physioroom.co.uk might also be worth a look and you can always rely on eBay to find something cheap!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for this. I'm a visual/kinesthetic learner so need a model or flashcards or similar - reading loads of text just makes me fall asleep!
Original post by Twtj
Thanks for this. I'm a visual/kinesthetic learner so need a model or flashcards or similar - reading loads of text just makes me fall asleep!

The Trail Guide to the Body by Biel might be a good investment for you then. That plus a skellie and some theraband will mean you can see & feel the muscles origin, insertion and action easily

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Mike the MOG
The Trail Guide to the Body by Biel might be a good investment for you then. That plus a skellie and some theraband will mean you can see & feel the muscles origin, insertion and action easily

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I've just ordered the Trail Guide flashcards. Still undecided which skeleton to invest in - a "cheap" plain one, or a more complex one showing muscles and ligaments etc. Thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by Twtj

If you're a visual learner have you looked into anatomy apps? I really liked essential anatomy 5. It lets you isolate individual muscles and see how they attach and move. Much cheaper than a skeleton. And it certainly helped me pass the anatomy parts of my med school exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending