The Student Room Group

What to include in personal statement for architecture?

Hi guys,

I know a personal statement is unique but I just want a bit of guidance or help on things that will look good.

I am also wondering whether taking a Architectural summer course will help my application?

I want to apply for UCL :smile: xx
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Try our PS Builder. See my sig for details. You basically need to explain why you want to study the subject at degree level and why you're interested in it. A summer school is definitely something to write about in your PS.
Original post by AquaBliz
Hi guys,

I know a personal statement is unique but I just want a bit of guidance or help on things that will look good.

I am also wondering whether taking a Architectural summer course will help my application?

I want to apply for UCL :smile: xx

For the most part, your personal statement should be a reflection on why you want to study architecture - why you're passionate about it, and how you've demonstrated interest in it. This might be through summer schools, though in my opinion they're a bit of a waste of money. You might be better off seeing if you can get some work experience, or attend some of the RIBA workshops for young people if you're around london over the summer.

Like has been suggested above, it could be worth having a look at existing personal statements on here, too, just to see what they've included :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
Try our PS Builder. See my sig for details. You basically need to explain why you want to study the subject at degree level and why you're interested in it. A summer school is definitely something to write about in your PS.

Thankss :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by clareyyyyyyy
For the most part, your personal statement should be a reflection on why you want to study architecture - why you're passionate about it, and how you've demonstrated interest in it. This might be through summer schools, though in my opinion they're a bit of a waste of money. You might be better off seeing if you can get some work experience, or attend some of the RIBA workshops for young people if you're around london over the summer.

Like has been suggested above, it could be worth having a look at existing personal statements on here, too, just to see what they've included :smile:

Thank you :smile: I am going to attend the RIBA workshops x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending