The Student Room Group

Would you kill Hitler as a baby?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Well...
The way I see it, the world takes a certain course and every person - and every action - has its purpose, good or bad; big or small.
Basically, we learn lessons through the bad things in history, and great leaps forward have happened over the last 70 years as a direct result as the terrible things that happened. So yeah!
This thread reminds me of Voldemort - should've killed him as a child

Posted from TSR Mobile
If he's an ugly baby then...

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I was a baby I highly doubt I'd be able to kill Hitler.
No because he is Gods creation
And i dont want to be heaping hot coals on my head
No because space-time continuum?
No, because its not fair for anyone to have the burden that they killed someone even if it would save millions.

Does this make you as bad as Hitler?

Has the world become better because Hitler was defeated and everyone knew of the true dark side of humanity?
we would be worse off, so i wound not kill him
Nope if not for him Earth would possibly ( I think porbably) be way over populated, same thing when people say would you stop wars forever, and unhospitable. NOTE: I'm not saying what he did was *right*.
Reply 69
No, so much advanced technology came out of World War II. It's a shame 50 million people had to die but whatever, I can now beam pictures of Pluto straight to my computer :smile:
I'd scratch a lightning bolt on his head. Maybe then Harry Potter will have an umbrella mustache
Original post by toonervoustotalk
No because he is Gods creation
And i dont want to be heaping hot coals on my head

I wouldn't have murdered Mr Hitler either. It is wasn't him it would just have been someone else. :s-smilie:
No; my grandparents met because of the war :tongue:
Original post by RomNoob
Nope if not for him Earth would possibly ( I think porbably) be way over populated, same thing when people say would you stop wars forever, and unhospitable. NOTE: I'm not saying what he did was *right*.

Hitler did not kill enough people to have a massive effect on whether or not the earth is overpopluated. The earth is not overpopluated
Nobody is born evil. There is no inevitability in History either. People are products of their time, and of their environment.
Ethics aside, it would probably be highly inadvisable to kill Hitler as a baby. Hitler rose to power on a wave of nationalism, xenophobia, and antisemitism that could just have easily been ridden into power by some other megalomaniac. Whereas Hitler was a madman, insulated from the real world by several layers of military personnel too afraid of him to tell him that they were losing the war, some other megalomaniac might have been less insane and much more effective. It is not that much of an exaggeration to blame Hitler for Germany's defeat!
Reply 76
Original post by A5ko
No.

I would guide him on how to become a Kung Fuhrer

lol is that a reference to Kung Fury? It's an awesome movie, one of best things I have ever seen in my life.
No... because if he died, I never would have gone back in time to kill him in the first place. I also probably wouldn't exist (and if I did, I'd be different in some way), because the world would probably be a very different place.
I wouldn't see myself as this great hero and be celebrating afterwards, but the answer, yes I would.
Ever read Stephen Fry's 'Making History?' It doesn't end well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending