The Student Room Group

Business Management or Childhood and Youth Studies?

Hi,

Looking to run through my thoughts with someone who might be able to help.

I am currently a stay at home parent/housewife/homemaker whatever you wish to call it lol. I have plenty free time recently and I am looking to complete a degree with the open university. Main reasons are to keep my mind busy, I enjoy learning and having a degree is on my bucket list.

Before having my children I worked in Administration but I'm not 100% sure I want to go back to this environment.

I am interested in the above coarses because I think BM might be of benefit to me if I were to return to Admin, CYS is more of an interest I have, so I think i would enjoy this coarse more. Although wouldn't rule out a career change (further study involved.)

So reading all that can anyone give me any tips? I know both degrees aren't really going to get me anywhere but what I'm thinking is:

BM - Relevant to previous employment, possible useful if i return to Business Admin - not really that interesting to me.

CYS - Interesting but no real career prospects unless I do further study (Which I haven't ruled out)

Sorry for essay - thanks in advance xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending