How do muslims get married?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I want to get married when im older like 21+ (im 17 now)
I was wondering, i know dating is haraam, how would one seek marraige?
I dont have any male friends and dont speak to them.
how can i get to know a person is a good husband/wife without doing something which could lead to haraam stuff.
yelllowribbon
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
http://www.shaadi.com/
username1646063
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
how can i get to know a person is a good husband/wife without doing something which could lead to haraam stuff.
I'm 16 and female. I don't know, i've never really thought about it tbh however, i believe if a guy seems interested in you he'd show you signs. You could talk to them as if your friends and if you think you've got some qualities you like about each other you can tell your families to meet each other...
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago
You're only 17 - You can think of that later

I'm 19 and I'm still not thinking about it

Meeting the one will eventually happen. You don't need to go out and look for it
username1646063
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You're only 17 - You can think of that later

I'm 19 and I'm still not thinking about it

Meeting the one will eventually happen. You don't need to go out and look for it
Yup <3 i agree, it's whatever fate holds. If you meet the guy at Uni, you could be friends and then ask your family to meet each other?? i dunno. It's complicated in getting to know each other without dating.
LondonBrah_
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Most of my muslim friends talk to girls and get to know them, hang around and go out in groups as friends -> relationships (date them but no physical action) -> marriage.

I think a lot of muslim ignore that dating is not allowed
Flint_sky7
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Not Muslim but usually man and woman meet at work/school and talking. If one of you is interested then you can arrange for your families to meet each other. The man and woman can get to know each other by going on chaperoned dates or by going out as a group with friends/family.

If you don't know any guys you're interested in, you can ask a family member or friend to set you up with someone.

Hope this helps
username1646063
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LondonBrah_)
Most of my muslim friends talk to girls and get to know them, hang around and go out in groups as friends -> relationships (date them but no physical action) -> marriage.

I think a lot of muslim ignore that dating is not allowed
That isn't dating though?
Pikachu94
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
usually family gets involved and they look and find someone for you to agree with
Rk57
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I got married at 17 to my husband, we decided there wasn't any point in waiting years.
username1646063
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rkhan57)
I got married at 17 to my husband, we decided there wasn't any point in waiting years.
That's young . Are u ganna have kids now..
Rk57
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Uz25)
That's young . Are u ganna have kids now..
We have been married 3 years, we will have kids after university.
username1646063
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
We have been married 3 years, we will have kids after university.
Awww😀. Cute😘. Hope u always have a happy married life. What r u doing at uni
Rk57
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Uz25)
Awww😀. Cute😘. Hope u always have a happy married life. What r u doing at uni
StolenPrivacy
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Well, I've heard that when you're at the right age, your parents give you a catalogue with all of your opposite gendered cousins and family friends to which marriage would benefit your family and "you" in this case your parents select the most suitable person and call the Iman to get you married.

/s
username1646063
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Clever girl. Law isn't for me. I'm considering: primary education, biomedical science or nutrition and dietetics. 😊😊
Anonymous #3
Report 7 years ago
Arranged marriage with a desi girl lol
Rk57
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Uz25)
Clever girl. Law isn't for me. I'm considering: primary education, biomedical science or nutrition and dietetics. 😊😊
Which university, if you don't mind me asking?
KittyRe-play
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by StolenPrivacy)
Well, I've heard that when you're at the right age, your parents give you a catalogue with all of your opposite gendered cousins and family friends to which marriage would benefit your family and "you" in this case your parents select the most suitable person and call the Iman to get you married.

/s
LOL!!!
Trust ED
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm 17 and i think im way too youg to think about these stuff.
Need to learn more about my deen and gotta focus on education :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
24.24%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (10)
30.3%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
6.06%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
9.09%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
18.18%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
6.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads