The Student Room Group

For Clearing Applicants: History Courses in Clearing by Grades

These are the straight history courses that are currently in Clearing, sorted by the grades that make up their typical offer. These will likely be at least slightly lowered in Clearing, but then again if you've got CDD and you apply to a course originally asking for ABB you're unlikely to be accepted, so these give a rough guide.

AAA or Above:
Birmingham - History V100 (AAA-AAB)
Cardiff - History V100 (AAA-ABB)
Exeter, Cornwall Campus - History V102 (A*AA-ABB)
Exeter, Cornwall Campus - History with Study Abroad V104 (A*AA-ABB)
King's College London - History V100 (AAA)
Lancaster - History V100 (AAA-AAB)
Liverpool - History V100 (AAA-AAB)
Newcastle - History V100 (AAA-AAB)
Nottingham - History V100 (AAA)

AAB or Equivalent:
UEA - History V100
SOAS - History V100 (AAB-ABB)
Sheffield - History V100
Southampton- History V100 (AAB-ABB)
Sussex - History V101 (AAB-ABB)

ABB or Equivalent:
Aberystwyth - History V100 (300-320 UCAS)
UWE Bristol - History V100 (320 UCAS)
Essex - History V100 (ABB-BBB)
Essex - History with a Year Abroad V101 (ABB-BBB)
Goldsmiths - History V101
Huddersfield - History V100
Keele - History V101
Kent - History V100
Leicester - History V100
Loughborough - History 7V18
Loughborough - History with a Sandwich Year 7V63
Northumbria - History V100 (320 UCAS)
QMUL - History V101 (320 UCAS)
QUB - History V140
Reading - History V100
Roehampton - History V100 (320 UCAS)
Stirling - History V100 (second year entry)
Strathclyde - History V100

BBB or Equivalent:
Aberdeen - History V100
Bangor - History V140 (280-300 UCAS)
Bath Spa - History V100 (260-300 UCAS)
Bournemouth - History H4F5 (300 UCAS)
Brunel - History V100
Brunel - History with Professional Placement V101
Chester - History V100 (300 UCAS)
Dundee - History V140
Edge Hill - History V101 (300 UCAS)
Gloucestershire - History V100 (300 UCAS)
Greenwich - History V100 (300 UCAS)
Hull - History V100 (300 UCAS)
Liverpool Hope - History V100 (BBB-BCC)
Oxford Brookes - History V101
Portsmouth - History with an Optional Placement Year V100 (240-300 UCAS)
Winchester - History V109 (260-300 UCAS)

BBC or Equivalent:
Bishop Grosseteste - History V10A (240-280 UCAS)
Canterbury Christ Church - History V100 (280 UCAS)
UCLAN - History V100 (280 UCAS)
Chichester - History V100 (BBC-CCC)
De Montfort - History V100 (280 UCAS)
UEL - History V100 (280 UCAS)
Hertfordshire - History V100 (280 UCAS)
Kingston - History V100 (280 UCAS)
Lincoln - History V100 (280 UCAS)
Liverpool John Moores - History V100 (280 UCAS)
Manchester Metropolitan - History V100 (280 UCAS)
Newman - History V100 (280 UCAS)
Northampton - History V100 (260-280 UCAS)
Nottingham Trent - History V100 (280 UCAS)
Plymouth - History V100 (280 UCAS)
Sheffield Hallam - History V100 (280 UCAS)
Stirling - History V100
Teesside - History V100 (280 UCAS)
Westminster - History V100
Worcester - History V100 (280 UCAS)
York St John - History V100 (280 UCAS)

BCC or Equivalent:
Anglia Ruskin - History V140 (220-260 UCAS)
Birkbeck - History V100 (260 UCAS)
Coventry - History V140 (260 UCAS)
Derby - History V100 (260 UCAS)
UHI - History V210
St Mary's, Twickenham - History V100 (260 UCAS)
Sunderland - History V101
Trinity Saint David - History V100 (240-260 UCAS)
Wolverhampton - History V100 (220-260 UCAS)

CCC or Equivalent:
Glyndŵr - History V100 (240 UCAS)
Leeds Trinity - History V100 (240 UCAS)

CCD or Below:
Leeds Beckett - History V100 (180 UCAS)

Additionally, these universities don't have straight History on offer but do have related degrees in Clearing:

Bradford - History and Politics
Brighton - History, Literature and Culture
Buckingham - History with Economics/English/Journalism/Politics
Royal Holloway - History and IR/Music/Philosophy/Spanish
York - History and Economics/Art History/Philosophy/Politics
Reply 1
This is a fantastic post. I'm honestly quite surprised that Exeter is in there. With their rankings, I would have expected their places to fill up quicker.
Original post by WokSz
This is a fantastic post. I'm honestly quite surprised that Exeter is in there. With their rankings, I would have expected their places to fill up quicker.

That's because it's the course offered at the Cornwall (Falmouth) campus, not the main one in Streatham. The course content and the lecturers are different.
Hello Historians!

The official Clearing website for Newcastle University is available here and we do expect to have some places on our History programme (and also Ancient History, Archaeology and Classics). The list is provisional right now but you can register for alerts to get updates :smile:

While our standard offer for History is AAA-AAB as noted in @paradoxicalme's post, during Clearing the majority of courses will have places for people who achieve ABB or above :smile:

The Newcastle University forum will have a stickied Clearing thread going up soon and posts from this official account come from me (a recent Newcastle Uni graduate) and Christina (current Newcastle Uni student).

If you have any questions about Newcastle just let us know :smile:

Persephone
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
That's because it's the course offered at the Cornwall (Falmouth) campus, not the main one in Streatham. The course content and the lecturers are different.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info! :smile:
Reply 5
Wait can someone please tell me ... are these universities officially in clearing ? Because if so its abit **** as both my firm and insurance are listed... Also where do you get this information
Original post by 12397
Wait can someone please tell me ... are these universities officially in clearing ? Because if so its abit **** as both my firm and insurance are listed... Also where do you get this information

These are provisionally in clearing, i.e. there's a small chance some of them could be listed accidentally but it's very likely that they will be in clearing. Also, the fact that your firm and insurance are in clearing indicates absolutely nothing about the quality of the degree or its prestige, simply that it has places left over. This might be because they didn't have enough applicants that were good enough to get offers. Some unis are pretty massive as well, it's impossible to fill all your spaces for all your subjects using just people who get an offer pre-May and meet it; even med schools take some off a waiting list and Oxbridge/LSE/UCL will take some near misses.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by paradoxicalme
These are provisionally in clearing, i.e. there's a small chance some of them could be listed accidentally but it's very likely that they will be in clearing. Also, the fact that your firm and insurance are in clearing indicates absolutely nothing about the quality of the degree or its prestige, simply that it has places left over. This might be because they didn't have enough applicants that were good enough to get offers. Some unis are pretty massive as well, it's impossible to fill all your spaces for all your subjects using just people who get an offer pre-May and meet it; even med schools take some off a waiting list and Oxbridge/LSE/UCL will take some near misses.

Yeah thanks for clearing that up. I suppose it was more that I was hoping that if still get let in if I slightly missed out on the grades. However I assumed this would mean otherwise..
Original post by 12397
Yeah thanks for clearing that up. I suppose it was more that I was hoping that if still get let in if I slightly missed out on the grades. However I assumed this would mean otherwise..

Ah, fair enough. Well, I'd say that spaces being left is probably a good sign that you'll be let in if you slightly miss your offer, but it's dependent on the uni. I've seen people get in missing 2 grades and people be rejected missing 1.

Quick Reply

Latest