This discussion is closed.
kjilka
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
HHHHHEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!
im doing my coursework and osme of it needs to be in by this thursday and i havent done nething. at the moment i need to show i have considered using more than one type of software to design the program.
if ne1 has done this b4 cud u plz get bak to me.
or if u feel like sending me ur work plz can u email it at [email protected]
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
Are you doing the OCR syllabus??
kjilka
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yeh it is OCR, y have u done it b4
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
I am currently working through it now!

What program are you using to design your solution??

What problem are you solving for you chosen company??
Computergeek
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
we havent started ours yet
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
Some of the people at my college (another class) haven't started theirs yet either. The reason that we have is because we didn't have a teacher last year which means our AS results are going to be awful, to balance this we are going to get the A2 coursework out of the way so we can sort out some revision lessons for the AS re-sits.

If you need any help when you do start, just post and I will try and sort you out.
syed
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
we've just started our project, i've handed in my analysis and my design (but they are both crap, so i'll need to work on them) i'm doing my project on delphi for a company that sells mobiles on ebay.

if you want any help i recommend you get Computer Science by Ray Bradley or visit http://www.revisecomputing.com (but they are both specific for the AQA board)
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im doing edexcel computing - we havent started yet ;/
browne767
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
hello

im doin it with komal and lucy

weneed help

thanks
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm supposed to be helping my sisters with hers, it seems quite simple as its just a bit of Access, a bit of VB and SQL. However it seems very advanced for the level its aimed at though. I think from what I have seen from the computing course work is just requires a lot of hard work and you will get a good mark. Of course you need logic skills for the actual design. If you are willing to work hard though I am guessing the exams are the hardest part.

She was debating wether she should use Access or Visual Basic, I told her to use Visual Basic and then connect access to it. This way she covers the programming side of things.
poppoppop
Report 16 years ago
The classic mistake everyone makes with coursework is to do a complicated project, but not do the report very well. The report is worth 95% of the marks, the project is worth practically nothing. 95% of the effort needs to go into producing evidence of project management skills, not using Access or VB. Projects in Access should ideally be really really simple, one or two tables, so that you are forced to concentrate on project management. If you do an overly complicated project, you WILL get lousy marks.

Go to this super site for notes in the discussion area on projects (look through all the back posts):

www.ocrcomputing.org.uk

Go to these sites for all the notes you need (plus look at the area on projects for really good ideas on what projects to do):

www.theteacher.info
www.computerstudies.info

Jack Daniels

(Original post by amazingtrade)
I'm supposed to be helping my sisters with hers, it seems quite simple as its just a bit of Access, a bit of VB and SQL. However it seems very advanced for the level its aimed at though. I think from what I have seen from the computing course work is just requires a lot of hard work and you will get a good mark. Of course you need logic skills for the actual design. If you are willing to work hard though I am guessing the exams are the hardest part.

She was debating wether she should use Access or Visual Basic, I told her to use Visual Basic and then connect access to it. This way she covers the programming side of things.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (295)
34.26%
No (566)
65.74%

Watched Threads