AnEvolvedApe
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am on my final year of the foundation degree and my original plan was to complete the extended year to achieve my full degree. But, I am thinking of completing the foundation degree and then going into teacher training. Is this possible? Can I become a lecturer or assistant with just a foundation degree and a teaching qualification?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You d normally have to do the top up to do a postgrad teaching qualification
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AnEvolvedApe)
I am on my final year of the foundation degree and my original plan was to complete the extended year to achieve my full degree. But, I am thinking of completing the foundation degree and then going into teacher training. Is this possible? Can I become a lecturer or assistant with just a foundation degree and a teaching qualification?
No, you'll need an honours degree and a postgrad qualification. As competition is so fierce in lecturing anyway, you'd lose out even if you could do it this way, not to mention that you'd struggle to be employed teaching people on a course to get a higher qualification than you have yourself.
eei
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, you can't really get a job teaching to a higher qualification than you're holding yourself.
Even the adult education art tutors I know have BA and PGCE. All the college tutors have MA.
I have Level 3 C&G Assisted Learning qualification and Level 4 Foundation Diploma and struggled to get any volunteering position or for extra curriculum things with kids due to high competition (everywhere they're asking for a BA at least).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15.7%
I'm not sure (11)
3.03%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (124)
34.16%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.65%
I'm not a current university student (165)
45.45%

Watched Threads