The Student Room Group

Disheartening video of homophobia on Russian streets

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NoJustNo
So you're just ignorant, that's fine.

No one in Russia cares about "lesbians" lol.

Well, I grew up in Eastern Europe so Russia is my close neighbor and I have known lots of Russian people in my life, in fact even my family lived under the Soviet Union just two decades ago, so I certainly know more about that culture than you. :smile:

Interesting how apparently 'no one in Russia cares about lesbians', passing a law banning the 'promotion' of lesbians seems like some people are in fact pretty obsessed with lesbians. Homophobes always are, as evidenced by that video, people like you are very passionate about gays to the point where your passion turns physical.

'Heterosexuals' like you are not actually 'sexual'. Satisfied people are positive and emit rays of sunshine, while frustrated people like you want to drag everyone into misery, go and have a ****! This is what happens when you don't have your prostate massaged regularly.
Original post by driftawaay
Well, I grew up in Eastern Europe so Russia is my close neighbor and I have known lots of Russian people in my life, in fact even my family lived under the Soviet Union just two decades ago, so I certainly know more about that culture than you. :smile:

Interesting how apparently 'no one in Russia cares about lesbians', passing a law banning the 'promotion' of lesbians seems like some people are in fact pretty obsessed with lesbians. Homophobes always are, as evidenced by that video, people like you are very passionate about gays to the point where your passion turns physical.

'Heterosexuals' like you are not actually 'sexual'. Satisfied people are positive and emit rays of sunshine, while frustrated people like you want to drag everyone into misery, go and have a ****! This is what happens when you don't have your prostate massaged regularly.

Funny, since my family is actually Russian. No one cares about lesbians, really, not enough to be violent towards them. It's hot anyway. They are just veiwed as something strange not something disgusting.

You think people who have sex have to be OK with any kind of peversion? You think Putin doesn't get laid? People naturally hate pedophiles with an intense passion, do those guys not get laid? People who get laid never get angry? Stop with the "lol ur a virgin" type arguments, they only make you look like more of an idiot.

I don't really hate homosexuals myself, but I can understand why theres an aversion to it. Homosexuality isn't genetic. It comes from some kind of deeply rooted self hatred, male homosexuality anyway. That's why it's so associated with male effeminacy. They think they are just "being themselves", but they obviously hate themselves somewhere deep in their soul and try and turn those feelings of self hatred into a positive thing. That's why they live such superficial and frivolous lifestyles, that's why they thrive in decadent and superficial industries like fashion.
Funny, since my family is actually Russian. No one cares about lesbians, really, not enough to be violent towards them. It's hot anyway. They are just veiwed as something strange not something disgusting.

You think people who have sex have to be OK with any kind of peversion? You think Putin doesn't get laid? People naturally hate pedophiles with an intense passion, do those guys not get laid? People who get laid never get angry? Stop with the "lol ur a virgin" type arguments, they only make you look like more of an idiot.

I don't really hate homosexuals myself, but I can understand why theres an aversion to it. Homosexuality isn't genetic. It comes from some kind of deeply rooted self hatred, male homosexuality anyway. That's why it's so associated with male effeminacy. They think they are just "being themselves", but they obviously hate themselves somewhere deep in their soul and try and turn those feelings of self hatred into a positive thing. That's why they live such superficial and frivolous lifestyles, that's why they thrive in decadent and superficial industries like fashion.

I see it's time to stop feeding the troll. :giggle:

Which banned fascist account were you anyway?

Get that prostate massage immediately :fuhrer:
(edited 8 years ago)
I see it's time to stop feeding the troll. :giggle:

Get that prostate massage immediately :fuhrer:

I'm right. The real reason have an inherent aversion to male homosexuality in most cultures isn't some arbitrary and inane prejudice. Just look at gay culture, it's a celebration of superficiality and decadence. There's nothing profound, idealistic or honest in it. It's a display of flamboyant dishonour and lack of dignity. Male effeminacy is inherently offensive, and almost definitely stems from self hatred.

It's different in Ancient Greece for example. Where homosexuality was associated with the profound and the masculine, and thus seen as normal and even superior. It's not really about the act itself, but about what the act entails and expresses in it's particular cultural context. I don't really expect you'll understand this, I doubt your mind can really operate on a level above "mean evil bigots oppressing homosex progress for all!!". Try and prove me wrong.

Again, I do not hate homosexuals, I do not believe they can help it. However I think that it should not be promoted and normalised, and should be kept a thing between individuals and not infect the rest of society like it has in the west. That is why Russia has the right attitude to it.
Reply 24
Homosexuality isn't genetic. It comes from some kind of deeply rooted self hatred, male homosexuality anyway.

Any evidence to back up those statements?

...they obviously hate themselves somewhere deep in their soul and try and turn those feelings of self hatred into a positive thing.

How can you know what happens deep in somebody's soul, let alone in the souls of millions of people?
I'm right. The real reason have an inherent aversion to male homosexuality in most cultures isn't some arbitrary and inane prejudice. Just look at gay culture, it's a celebration of superficiality and decadence. There's nothing profound, idealistic or honest in it. It's a display of flamboyant dishonour and lack of dignity. Male effeminacy is inherently offensive, and almost definitely stems from self hatred.

It's different in Ancient Greece for example. Where homosexuality was associated with the profound and the masculine, and thus seen as normal and even superior. It's not really about the act itself, but about what the act entails and expresses in it's particular cultural context. I don't really expect you'll understand this, I doubt your mind can really operate on a level above "mean evil bigots oppressing homosex progress for all!!". Try and prove me wrong.

Again, I do not hate homosexuals, I do not believe they can help it. However I think that it should not be promoted and normalised, and should be kept a thing between individuals and not infect the rest of society like it has in the west. That is why Russia has the right attitude to it.

Didn't read

Did you mention which banned account you are?
Original post by benq

How can you know what happens deep in somebody's soul, let alone in the souls of millions of people?

As I said, he isn't really 'heterosexual'... :h:
Original post by benq

Most men in ancient greece were homosexual, most men in say, modern Greece, are not. Thus we can conclude that homosexuality is not genetic.
Didn't read

Did you mention which banned account you are?

Wouldn't matter if you did or didn't. You're too unintelligent to keep up. It would be like putting a chimp in front of a calculus textbook.
Most men in ancient greece were homosexual, most men in say, modern Greece, are not. Thus we can conclude that homosexuality is not genetic.

Most men in Ancient Greece certainly WERE NOT homosexual and as a classicist I can confirm that.

Ex Amino,
Ser Alex
Wouldn't matter if you did or didn't. You're too unintelligent to keep up. It would be like putting a chimp in front of a calculus textbook.

No Just No. :frown: *cries in a corner*

Chimps are very intelligent though

Still too ashamed to admit which banned Nazi they are though
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Most men in Ancient Greece certainly WERE NOT homosexual and as a classicist I can confirm that.

Ex Amino,
Ser Alex

Huge amounts were though. Much, much more then any modern country.
Reply 32
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne

Ex Amino,
Ser Alex

You're quite wrong actually: the difference is that they didn't have labels like heterosexual/homosexual etc - they simply had sex with whomever they liked, regardless of gender.

Still, it was thought that a man who did not have sex with a younger male was not complete.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No Just No. :frown: *cries in a corner*

Chimps are very intelligent though

Still too ashamed to admit which banned Nazi they are though

Why are quoting me? You aren't engaging in any kind of discussion. Do you just want to get the last word despite blatantly losing?
Original post by *Stefan*
You're quite wrong actually: the difference is that they didn't have labels like heterosexual/homosexual etc - they simply had sex with whomever they liked, regardless of gender.

Still, it was thought that a man who did not have sex with a younger male was not complete.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK. More men in ancient greece wanted to have sex and did have sex with other men than in any modern country. Happy?

EDIT: the labels of "homosexual" and "heterosexual" are pretty recent even in Western culture. Before you would just have sodomisers and normal people.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 35
OK. More men in ancient greece wanted to have sex and did have sex with other men than in any modern country. Happy?

Erm, what?

How does that have anything to do with my correction?

There was no such term as "sodomy" in ancient Greece either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Why are quoting me? You aren't engaging in any kind of discussion. Do you just want to get the last word despite blatantly losing?

Just riling you up
I only engage in discussions with intelligent people
I'm asking you a question and you aren't answering (which says a lot) so you aren't engaging in a discussion either

The fact that you are a banned Nazi means you lost before this thread was even started
Just riling you up
I only engage in discussions with intelligent people
I'm asking you a question and you aren't answering (which says a lot) so you aren't engaging in a discussion either

The fact that you are a banned Nazi means you lost before this thread was even started

You are asking a question which is completely irrelevant and doesn't even have an answer. I've never been banned, even if I had, what difference would it make? Are you so weak minded to believe that controversial opinions are inherently wrong?

You've quite clearly lost. You aren't intelligent enough to keep up so you can only accuse me of being a troll and say "LOL didn't read". So why are you quoting me? If you thought I was stupid and nothing I said had any truth in it, you'd laugh it off. But you've lost and you feel challenged in your beliefs on an inner level, so you can't let it go.
Original post by *Stefan*
Erm, what?

How does that have anything to do with my correction?

There was no such term as "sodomy" in ancient Greece either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why did you make the "correction" then? It doesn't matter what terms they used, according to modern English definition of homosexuality far more men in ancient greece engaged in homosexual acts and had homosexual desires. Doesn't matter what they called it.
Reply 39
Why did you make the "correction" then? It doesn't matter what terms they used, according to modern English definition of homosexuality far more men in ancient greece engaged in homosexual acts and had homosexual desires. Doesn't matter what they called it.

Are you even serious or simply unable to read?

I only explained that the terms are wrong because he used the term "homosexuality". My main point was that him saying "most Ken in ancient Greece were not homosexual" is wrong.

Do you require further elaboration?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending