Withengar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello!

I'm from Croatia and I've applied through the regular UCAS process. Upon hearing that my National Matura exam results meet the criteria of my insurance choice, but now my firm one, I decided to email the department of my firm where my course is located, to see if I could still be given an offer seeing how my course was in Clearing. I was told that I'd need to fill in a Clearing Application form and wait for their reply. Now, it isn't entirely clear to me what to do next, so I decided to ask you for clarification.

Seeing how I met all the requirements for my insurance choice, will I need to surrender my option to go there if I decide to apply for this Clearing process?

How long will it take them to process my application and to get back to me?

Does the fact that I've applied through the regular process have any effect on my chances?

Is it going to make a difference if I apply for a different course then in my original application (but in the same field)?
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you have not met the requirements for your Firm choice, you will not be made a lower offer in Clearing for the same course at the same University. You can only apply through Clearing for courses that still have spaces - you can search for these on UCAS search (http://search.ucas.com/) with the course subject and selecting 'Clearing 2015'.

You cannot enter Clearing unless you are holding NO offer or place for 2015 entry. So you would have to give up your Insurance place to do this. If you have met the terms of your Insurance offer then that is now a confirmed, definite place. You would be foolish to give this up to apply to a different Uni through Clearing.
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Withengar)
Hello!

I'm from Croatia and I've applied through the regular UCAS process. Upon hearing that my National Matura exam results meet the criteria of my insurance choice, but now my firm one, I decided to email the department of my firm where my course is located, to see if I could still be given an offer seeing how my course was in Clearing. I was told that I'd need to fill in a Clearing Application form and wait for their reply. Now, it isn't entirely clear to me what to do next, so I decided to ask you for clarification.

Seeing how I met all the requirements for my insurance choice, will I need to surrender my option to go there if I decide to apply for this Clearing process?

How long will it take them to process my application and to get back to me?

Does the fact that I've applied through the regular process have any effect on my chances?

Is it going to make a difference if I apply for a different course then in my original application (but in the same field)?
This sounds very strange. If you have not met your firm offer, you shouldn't have to complete additional steps for the university to still consider you, and they certainly shouldn't force you to give up your insurance choice and enter clearing in order to be considered.

Which university is this?

Before you do anything else, I would contact them (via email so the response is in writing) asking all the questions you have asked here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (20)
6.92%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.03%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.22%
It might lead to more bullying (106)
36.68%
There's nothing they could do (90)
31.14%

Watched Threads