The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They are because it's natural. That's why feminism ends at the bedroom.
Reply 2
Original post by Lyserg

I suspect that you're right.
I assume most are and don't see why there should be a problem, of course many might also not be and that's okay too.
Reply 4
Original post by Lyserg

Has this always been what you have found in your experience?
'All the women my friends and I have encountered are submissive, therefore all women are submissive' - that's not decent logic at all, is it.

Most people are going to be dominant and submissive at different times, in different situations. Perhaps you and your friends prefer to be dominant, and so the women are therefore left with submissive roles.

There is so much stigma still around women and sex, we are supposed to be sexually attractive at all times, yet not 'sluts', we are supposed to be available for sex, yet not seek it out for our own enjoyment or want it 'too much' - all of this likely plays a huge role in how any women is going to act with regards to sex.

If the sexist virginal, 'good girl' stereotype is held up as the ideal, well that's a submissive ideal, isn't it. A sexually dominant woman is in danger of being called a 'slut'. Sexism plays a huge part in this.
Reply 6
Original post by Antifazian
'All the women my friends and I have encountered are submissive, therefore all women are submissive' - that's not decent logic at all, is it.

Most people are going to be dominant and submissive at different times, in different situations. Perhaps you and your friends prefer to be dominant, and so the women are therefore left with submissive roles.

There is so much stigma still around women and sex, we are supposed to be sexually attractive at all times, yet not 'sluts', we are supposed to be available for sex, yet not seek it out for our own enjoyment or want it 'too much' - all of this likely plays a huge role in how any women is going to act with regards to sex.

If the sexist virginal, 'good girl' stereotype is held up as the ideal, well that's a submissive ideal, isn't it. A sexually dominant woman is in danger of being called a 'slut'. Sexism plays a huge part in this.

This thread is not for having some politically correct feminist who ha about how women are oppressed. Dominance here does not mean promiscuous. It means who takes control in the bedroom and who is controlled. You are rather dense as that should be obvious.

It is a reasonable assumption to make that most women are sexually submissive rather than sexually dominant.
(edited 8 years ago)
No when they're with me they shouldn't be...
Reply 8
It would be boring if everyone was the same
Reply 9
Most are, but that doesn't mean they should be. Hell, a lot of guys are into the opposite.
Original post by Mauser
That wasn't the logic you are being disingenuous and rather stupid to be honest. This thread is not for having some politically correct feminist who ha about how women are oppressed. Dominance here does not mean promiscuous. It means who takes control in the bedroom and who is controlled.

It is a reasonable assumption to make that most women are sexually submissive rather than sexually dominant.

Going to ignore the first bit, because I never once said they were synonyms, and you have made that leap yourself.

'reasonable' on what grounds? The OP appears to have based this assumption only on their own, very limited, experience, which is not reasonable at all.

If you can't have discussions without insulting someone, then what you have to say probably isn't any good :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Mankytoes
No when they're with me they shouldn't be...

Are you a submissive in that case?
For me it is more about violence. Not really be submissive or dominant.
Original post by Antifazian

^^
This.

On a personal level, I am extremely submissive in the bedroom, but I'm pretty dominant in real life. All of my sexual partners have been hella sexy female dominants. Look into the femdom world and you'll see just how dominant women can be.
Reply 14
Yes, the vast majority of women are sexually submissive. Women are submissive in general to the ''top'' men they regard as desirable (aka ''alphas'', though I don't like the term).

Don't listen to Antifazan , she's a radical feminist with an agenda. Her type believe that human sexual dimorphism magically stops at the neck and the genders are exactly the same except what's between their legs. Or that women are attracted to men over 6' because princes in Disney movies are taller than the female lead lol.
Anyone who expects women to be automatically sexually submissive clearly has a very limited view of women and probably has some very internalised misogyny. Why else would they look at a woman and assume they're submissive (and by some connotations, lesser)? Either that or they have a rather bleak sex life.

The world of dominatrices is far more prominent than most men think, which is something I've observed in both heterosexual and homosexual culture (with receiving partners taking a dominant role in that scenario). No-one should be assumed submissive or dominant until proven one or the other, imo. You'll expand your sexual repertoire that way, also.
Original post by Mauser
I was speaking with my university friends earlier and we came to the conclusion that most females are sexually submissive rather than dominant. What do you think TSR? I imagine that the vast majority of the females are submissive rather than dominant.

I like switching it round a lot. It's fun to play with dominance.
One day I'll be tying my boyfriend to the bed, the next I'll be handcuffed and doing whatever the hell he commands me to do
And I'm the kind of woman you'd expect to be all missionary with the lights off if you knew me in person. You just can't tell.

There's very few things that *should* and *shouldn't* be in the bedroom. As long as it's between two consenting adults :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by battycatlady
^^
This.

On a personal level, I am extremely submissive in the bedroom, but I'm pretty dominant in real life. All of my sexual partners have been hella sexy female dominants. Look into the femdom world and you'll see just how dominant women can be.

Haha, I see this all the time. There was a thread on here last year about what women like in bed and it basically became a who's who of the most outspoken TSR feminists going on and on about how they like their ass slapped , hair pulled, being chocked and so much other extreme stuff that made even the staunchest anti-feminists like myself go godddaaaaaamnnnnnnnnn. You really couldn't make it up. So forget nurture.......more like damn nature, you scary!
While not all women are the same I definitely prefer a woman who's submissive.
Original post by Anonymous
I like switching it round a lot. It's fun to play with dominance.
One day I'll be tying my boyfriend to the bed, the next I'll be handcuffed and doing whatever the hell he commands me to do
And I'm the kind of woman you'd expect to be all missionary with the lights off if you knew me in person. You just can't tell.

There's very few things that *should* and *shouldn't* be in the bedroom. As long as it's between two consenting adults

Yep, I'm exactly this, except overall I prefer being submissive. I usually like being dominant when I'm 'feeling it', for example, when I'm all sexily dressed up (which includes heels since they make me feel taller and more dominant) and I feel all seductive and I wanna tease him or whatever.

I don't think women 'should always be submissive' because it depends on each individual's preference. I do, however, think that most women are predominantly submissive because, well, sometimes it's just in our nature whether we believe it or not.

Latest