The Student Room Group

Cambridge v.s. Edexcel

Hi guys. I'm getting homeschooled this year and I'm planning on taking Biology and Mathematics for my A-Level studies for this year. And since I'm homeschooled I have the choice to either take it as an Edexcel or Cambridge. I need your advice on this.

The main reason I don't want to take cambridge is because of the lab practicals which I will not find the availability of labs for, since I'm homeschooled and all. But it still has a curve and that's a super-advantage.
Please help me with this, thanks in advance:smile:
Reply 1
Hi, I've faced the same query and tbh I ruled out OCR at the very beginning. I've heard OCR Maths is much harder than Edexcel Maths. And I've heard Edexcel is pretty good in terms of marking schemes which is the most important part for me because I don't want to get bad grades because of some tricky marking schemes. And I chose Edexcel Biology as well.
Original post by karzen
Hi, I've faced the same query and tbh I ruled out OCR at the very beginning. I've heard OCR Maths is much harder than Edexcel Maths. And I've heard Edexcel is pretty good in terms of marking schemes which is the most important part for me because I don't want to get bad grades because of some tricky marking schemes. And I chose Edexcel Biology as well.

So you advise me to go for Edexcel?
Reply 3
Original post by Nadaelnaggar
So you advise me to go for Edexcel?

Yeah, but in the end it all depends on you. I have some bad experience in terms of marking schemes of exams from my home country, so it is especially important for me to stick with a board whose markig scheme are not unbelievably strict and tricky, and Edexcel's are said not to be so I chose Edexcel. Also, from what I've heard Edexcel Maths is the easiest of them all. In terms of Biology it depends on what you like- check the exams from all the boards and compare sylabuses and then choose. I like what Edexcel has to offer better than AQA, so I decided to go with Edexcel :smile:.
Edexcel :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest