The Student Room Group

D1 or S2 ILA

Hello, I am interested in studying C.S. or electronics engineering ( I'm not sure yet but smth related to technology) I've already done C1,2,3,4,m1 and s1 and currently doing physics and FP. My question is whether to do D1 or S2, apart from m2 and m3 which I'll do for sure, in order to complete 6 modules in FP ( fp1,fp2,fp3,m2,m3). I didn't really face any trouble in stats, on the contrary they were quite interesting but decision is something I must do sooner or later.. My teacher told me that in D1 it's really hard to achieve a high mark because just a small portion sits this examination so he suggests me to go with stats.. I only have to choose between D1 and S2 since I'm doing the IAL. Drop me a line of what you guys think. Thanks a lot
Reply 1
Well D1 is a lot easier than s2.you can prepare for it in less than a month.
Reply 2
Original post by philroman
Hello, I am interested in studying C.S. or electronics engineering ( I'm not sure yet but smth related to technology) I've already done C1,2,3,4,m1 and s1 and currently doing physics and FP. My question is whether to do D1 or S2, apart from m2 and m3 which I'll do for sure, in order to complete 6 modules in FP ( fp1,fp2,fp3,m2,m3). I didn't really face any trouble in stats, on the contrary they were quite interesting but decision is something I must do sooner or later.. My teacher told me that in D1 it's really hard to achieve a high mark because just a small portion sits this examination so he suggests me to go with stats.. I only have to choose between D1 and S2 since I'm doing the IAL. Drop me a line of what you guys think. Thanks a lot

I've just done D1 and for me it was really down to luck if I did well or not. I found the course really easy, the content was not too challenging but it was interesting, a completely different way at looking at maths. The reason I said it was down to luck is if I had a bad day I will have failed :s-smilie:. I usually get a very solid A but once I messed up and seemed to forget everything with our realising I was doing it wrong and I got an E. :biggrin:
I'm pretty sure my exam was fine but the grade boundaries are so close together in D1 that I really can't be sure.
(edited 8 years ago)
Unless you're meticulous, do S2. D1 has the most boring and tedious maths (if you can call it that) of any module I've done.
S2, on the other hand, was easy to grasp, and was genuinely enjoyable-one of my favourite modules, which is something I can't say for D1.

Quick Reply

Latest