Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We get DVDs from around the world when we are traveling and i am getting really annoyed by the fact that i have to keep changing regions on my computer. I am running out of times to change the region. Does anyone know a crack that would get rid of this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karink)
    We get DVDs from around the world when we are traveling and i am getting really annoyed by the fact that i have to keep changing regions on my computer. I am running out of times to change the region. Does anyone know a crack that would get rid of this?
    Some DVD drivers save this to the firmware in EPROM if this is the case with yours you can't get round it as the restriction is electrical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Some DVD drivers save this to the firmware in EPROM if this is the case with yours you can't get round it as the restriction is electrical.
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    :mad:
    Never drivers it may be a software restriction but my mates old DVD drive (going back a good 4/5 years) the region codes were burn't into EPROM and you could only it back 3-4 times.

ReputationRep:
    Read: http://www.regionfreedvd.net/rom.html

ReputationRep:
    Yes there is, it's called DVD Angel. I had it for a few years, never let me down, but my PC crashed after some hard drive configuration and I lost the download. Do a search for it. Good tool.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Although there is the chance that you could find a region free firmware somewhere for the DVD-drive on the internet and then able to flash the drive.
    It is quite risky though

ReputationRep:
    Have a look around the best dvd ripping and backup site on the net (not my site) : http://www.doom9.org/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philibob)
    Although there is the chance that you could find a region free firmware somewhere for the DVD-drive on the internet and then able to flash the drive.
    It is quite risky though
    Yeah very, I've never flashed EPROM in my life and their is a reason for that! I used to buy motherboards faulty motherboards for £2 each (when they were worth £50) and they were all identical all I had to is keep swapping the BIOSs chips round and some would work. I made a small furtune from doing this when I was 14/15.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.