Lancaster Law Freshers 2015 - 1st Year Law Students

Watch
blobsy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,
For anybody starting Law this year at Lancaster University, I have just finished my first year and I am selling my first year books.
First year modules include -
Law 101 - The English Legal System
Law 102 - Public Law
Law 103r - Tort Law
Law 104 - Criminal Law
Law 105 - EU Law
Law 106 - Contract Law
blobsy
Rep:
?
prices listed below
Attached files
callum_law
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by blobsy)
prices listed below
A random question, but what A-Levels did you achieve?
blobsy
Rep:
?
(Original post by callum_law)
A random question, but what A-Levels did you achieve?
AAB
amyof
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, Im hopefully gonna be studying law next year if I get the results hopefully! I was just wondering what it was like studying law for the first time and what where the best modules you studied this year? A lot say criminal!
blobsy
Rep:
?
(Original post by amyof)
Hey, Im hopefully gonna be studying law next year if I get the results hopefully! I was just wondering what it was like studying law for the first time and what where the best modules you studied this year? A lot say criminal!
Hi, id say the most easy and most interesting module is criminal, cus we all love a good murder case. But if your going to come to Lancaster the best module is contract just because RAB (the lecturer) is hilarious and is a great lecturer no matter how strict he seems.
I'd say my worst modules were public law and EU law, students who did Politics a-level seem to enjoy that more. And the English Legal System module is pretty easy.
First year uni work is completely different to college, but depending on ur lecturers its good fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
amyof
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by blobsy)
Hi, id say the most easy and most interesting module is criminal, cus we all love a good murder case. But if your going to come to Lancaster the best module is contract just because RAB (the lecturer) is hilarious and is a great lecturer no matter how strict he seems.
I'd say my worst modules were public law and EU law, students who did Politics a-level seem to enjoy that more. And the English Legal System module is pretty easy.
First year uni work is completely different to college, but depending on ur lecturers its good fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! Really glad to hear that! One last question, how many hours per week roughly would you say you had lectures/seminars/tutorial or how many hours per each module per week? And by the way I would have totally bought your books but i'm unsure on how well my exams went so for all I know I might not be studying law next year or be at Lancaster if I miss my offer and I don't want to buy them just in case sorry!:/
blobsy
Rep:
?
(Original post by amyof)
Thanks! Really glad to hear that! One last question, how many hours per week roughly would you say you had lectures/seminars/tutorial or how many hours per each module per week? And by the way I would have totally bought your books but i'm unsure on how well my exams went so for all I know I might not be studying law next year or be at Lancaster if I miss my offer and I don't want to buy them just in case sorry!:/
Well in first term (Oct till Jan) you do 3 modules (English Legal System, Public and Contract) and in second term you do 3 modules too (EU, Criminal and Tort).
For Lectures, in ELS, Contract, Public, Criminal and Tort you have 1 lecture a week and they last 2 hours each, but you do get a break in between. For EU you have 2 lectures a week 1 of them is 2 hours long and the other an hour.
For Seminars you have one seminar for each module a week, and they say they last for an hour but usually around 40 mins. So each term you will have 3 one hour seminars each week.
For Contract law you also have a 1 hour case class.
Fyi when they say they finish on the hour they never do as in every subject they always finish at 10 to.
1st year is the year in which you will have the most contact time with lecturers and tutors.
Also depending on what seminar group you are in you will have either 1 or if your extremely lucky 2 days off a week.
No probs I completely understand, good luck with your results.
Also just a tip if u need it, hopefully you wont, but if you dont get into Lancaster with your results say you have one grade below what they wanted, instead of just leaving it and accepting another uni call Lancaster or go down there and try and get into Law through clearing as they may accept people with ABB instead of AAB.
Good Luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mooresy9798
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi! Are you still selling your books?
blobsy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mooresy9798)
Hi! Are you still selling your books?
Yep 😊
Tonieee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi do you still have the books?
Tonieee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi do you still have the books? What are you looking at for them?
blobsy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tonieee)
Yep still selling them, prices above or best offer 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
blobsy
Rep:
?
Im actually going to reduce the prices slightly so will update them tonight and post here and also on the lancaster law freshers page

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tonieee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It won't let me open the attachment! Will wait to see updated prices tonight
blobsy
Rep:
?
It won't let me open the attachment! Will wait to see updated prices tonight
Sure thing 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
blobsy
Rep:
?
Hi guys, this is the updated price list for the 1st year Law books for Lancaster.
The books highlighted in red are the ones you deffo need for the course all other books are good for cwk and very good for revision.
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (119)
4.95%
Uncertainty around my education (357)
14.86%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (263)
10.95%
Lack of purpose or motivation (338)
14.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (109)
4.54%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (141)
5.87%
Loneliness (208)
8.66%
Financial worries (89)
3.71%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (101)
4.2%
Exposure to negative news/social media (116)
4.83%
Lack of real life entertainment (128)
5.33%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (208)
8.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (225)
9.37%

Watched Threads