Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    for several weeks ive been telling myself i'll start but ive only wrote about 1 page of notes for each subject (6 modules) my first exam is on the 18th of june so ive no time left anyway. shud i accept my friends offer and go camping for a week.
    im stupid i know but ive give up its too late.

ReputationRep:
    Don't give up! Don't worry, there's still time

ReputationRep:
    the 18th is heaps of time, don't go camping, if you work 6/7 hours a day and try and condense your modules down and revise them according to priority and time till the exam I'm sure you'll be able to do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    for several weeks ive been telling myself i'll start but ive only wrote about 1 page of notes for each subject (6 modules) my first exam is on the 18th of june so ive no time left anyway. shud i accept my friends offer and go camping for a week.
    No.. don't look for excuses to give up now.. you'll probably regret it when you have to retake stuff.. Just concentrate for a few days and then you can relax for the whole summer

ReputationRep:
    thanx - ive now decided not to go camping lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    my first exam is in a wek n im gona fail

ReputationRep:
    It's never too late for revision, try to concentrate on revision and forget about everything else until the exams over.

ReputationRep:
    If you have a good knowledge of the subject already, 3 days hard revising (for one paper) is enough to do well on an exam. Doing a practice paper under exam conditions that you have not done before is a good way of telling that you are ready.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the things i remember in exams are things ive learnt in the few days leading up to the exam...think my short term memory is better than long term!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyvry1)
    If you have a good knowledge of the subject already, 3 days hard revising (for one paper) is enough to do well on an exam. Doing a practice paper under exam conditions that you have not done before is a good way of telling that you are ready.
    no im gonna have to actually learn the stuff lol thats why im panicking

ReputationRep:
    Firstly DON'T PANIC, you have plenty of time to revise.

Pull out the subject specification and do summary notes for each bit and highlight the bits you've covered. Write key points on little cue cards - what subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    You've got ages. For GCSE I just revised the day before and ended up with A*s in most subjects. Think what you can do in over 2 weeks. What I do is make the notes, and memorise each paragraph 1 by one, then just recall it, so you'll only have to revise everything once, and just recall it in your head to make sure you don't forget it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonJam)
    Firstly DON'T PANIC, you have plenty of time to revise.

Pull out the subject specification and do summary notes for each bit and highlight the bits you've covered. Write key points on little cue cards - what subjects are you doing?
    PSYCHOLOGY, BIOLOGY AND SPORT (soz about the caps)

ReputationRep:
    hi..i'll b doing P1 and P3 in a week.im retaking this year but i still havent LEARNT p3.i always learn the AS bits every year n lose hope at A2....now i have no motivation to study....is there any hope for me?i ****ed up in the M1 M3 papers so im feelin down...i thought i was very good at M1....and still am hehehe

ReputationRep:
    sometimes revising too much might make urself look like a nerd. grades dont tell everything rite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    sometimes revising too much might make urself look like a nerd. grades dont tell everything rite?
    & everyone always downplays the emount they've done to their peers.. but unless you revise in fornt of people, how will they know anyway?

my the same token..money doesn't tell everything..but i think there might be a slight correlation with happiness! & to do certain things in later life good grades are necessary..so if you don't bother you might always be left wondering what you could have achieved..

ReputationRep:
    Don't go! Try and believe in yourself and be as motivated as possible (i.e by starting the revision now). The minute you start working hard, the more confident and better you will feel about the exam!

Good luck!
    Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    & everyone always downplays the emount they've done to their peers.. but unless you revise in fornt of people, how will they know anyway?

my the same token..money doesn't tell everything..but i think there might be a slight correlation with happiness! & to do certain things in later life good grades are necessary..so if you don't bother you might always be left wondering what you could have achieved..
    yea... i find discussing with friends about things is a very good way to revise... ive done this last yr and got gd grades... but this yr ppl r jus too distracting

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry...I feel like all the revision is gonna kill me but its only for a few more weeks so you just gotta try and stay positive

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.