Bleach Watch

Adepeju
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Has anyone seen an anime called Bleach. If so who is your favourite character and why?
zippity.doodah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yeah I have actually - bought the first season years ago
it's really not a very good anime - I sold it fairly quickly because of this
I don't understand why it's popular - it's basically a rip off of yu yu hakusho, except they've put swords into it
Judge Jasel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's pretty much everyone's "one of the first anime series I've watched" kinda show. I like the art, and I mean, Tite Kubo is a fairly talented artist.
Adepeju
Rep:
?
I admit it can be one-dimensional to start with but characters such as Byakuya Kuchiki and Renji Abarai show how advanced Bleach really is. Also the way in which Ichigo develops as a Soul Reaper and the problems he overcomes also shows how complex the show is. The show gets especially interesting when it delves into Kisuke Urahara's past. In addition, I think Ulqiuorra's and Ichigo's fights make the show all the more worthwile.
zippity.doodah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Judge Jasel)
It's pretty much everyone's "one of the first anime series I've watched" kinda show. I like the art, and I mean, Tite Kubo is a fairly talented artist.
I actually don't like the art style myself - the flatness of the colour and the black outlines make it kind of look like it was made on microsoft paint, but to be fair, that's what a lot of post-2000s animes look like
Wahrheit
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zippity.doodah)
yeah I have actually - bought the first season years ago
it's really not a very good anime - I sold it fairly quickly because of this
I don't understand why it's popular - it's basically a rip off of yu yu hakusho, except they've put swords into it
First season is completely different to the other seasons, I find it a chore to watch the first season. Episodes like 18-64 or whatever are great though.

Favourite character is Ichimaru Gin
Adepeju
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wahrheit)
First season is completely different to the other season, I find it a chore to watch the first season. Episodes like 18-64 or whatever are great though.

I agree. the first season can be a bit boring but its still good in my honest opinion. Yeah, I like Ichimaru Gin, its ashame he got killed by Aizen.
Judge Jasel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I actually don't like the art style myself - the flatness of the colour and the black outlines make it kind of look like it was made on microsoft paint, but to be fair, that's what a lot of post-2000s animes look like
Gotta give it a little credit at least it doesn't look dragonball.
zippity.doodah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Gotta give it a little credit at least it doesn't look dragonball.
I love(d) dragon ball
zippity.doodah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
First season is completely different to the other season, I find it a chore to watch the first season. Episodes like 18-64 or whatever are great though.

blehh, why should an anime make you watch really bad episodes in order for you to get into its good part?
Adepeju
Rep:
?
blehh, why should an anime make you watch really bad episodes in order for you to get into its good part?
It only takes a few episodes to get into it. After that its a top quality anime..
Wahrheit
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm not saying it's a perfect show or anything, and I still like the first season for what it's worth, it's just paced very differently and serves as an introduction to the characters and gives context as to why Ichigo has his powers and why they care about saving Rukia.

(Original post by Adepeju)
I agree. the first season can be a bit boring but its still good in my honest opinion. Yeah, I like Ichimaru Gin, its ashame he got killed by Aizen.
Yeah it's definitely not bad or anything it's just when you know that the soul society arc is coming up you sit there like 'come on already!!! Hurry up!'
Adepeju
Rep:
?
I'm not saying it's a perfect show or anything, and I still like the first season for what it's worth, it's just paced very differently and serves as an introduction to the characters and gives context as to why Ichigo has his powers and why they care about saving Rukia.

Yeah it's definitely not bad or anything it's just when you know that the soul society arc is coming up you sit there like 'come on already!!! Hurry up!'
I agree. Uruhara's role in the lead up to the second season is just awsome.The soul society arc itself is one of the most interesting parts of Bleach especially when Aizen leaves the soul society with Gin Ichimaru and Kaname Tosen.
Judge Jasel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I love(d) dragon ball
The clue is in the word "loved"
zippity.doodah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The clue is in the word "loved"
I'm not really an anime fan any more, but that show was definitely the bee's knees for me back when I did like anime - it was basically my gateway-anime
Imperion
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nnoitra Gilga ... because that Zanpakuto... his entry when he 'killed' Grimmjow and just how badass he is. Stark comes in second

YEAH I'm an Espada fan... Shinigami suck tbh.
Judge Jasel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
YEAH I'm an Espada fan... Shinigami suck tbh.[/QUOTE]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Attached files
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got bored of it after too many filler episodes where nothing really happened.

Kisuke Urahara was pretty cool though
IAmYourdog
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I enjoyed the anime quite a lot. I stopped watching at like episode 360 because i'm waiting for episode 367 !

The first season (before they entered the soul society) was the best part because I'm not one for long fights that span over a few episodes.......

The espada really made it interesting. My favorite character Ulquiorra, like seriously he just looks amazing and his personality too!

I skipped over nearly all of the filler episodes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.38%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.47%
No, but I want to start (272)
37.36%
No, I am unable to (173)
23.76%
No, I chose not to (204)
28.02%