The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Hill head accommodation help

Hey guys, I've just been accepted to study geology and petroleum. I'm up for hill head student village but I'm really stuck on which one. I'm looking for a spacious room as I have a big enduro bike (how good are the bike stores) but I also want a nice kitchen. I know picky but they are the two main things if anybody could shed some light? I've looked at South house and grant court but how are the cheaper ones?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive gone for North Court, simply because I feel its more affordable for me to live there.

I've saved enough so that in subsequent years ill be confident enough to live in a higher priced place, but for first year, North Court will do for me.

Had a quick glance at the "cheaper ones" for all of about 5 seconds. While North Court should be like living in a shared flat with 5 others, the £95p/w ones are in corridors - so you end up sharing a communal shower/toilet facilities. Ill have a guess at 5 bogs and 6 showers with 1 bath. Ive done this before in my undergrad already and there isn't a chance id do it again. At least in the flat type accommodation theres more responsibility on yourself and flatmates to keep the toilets clean, otherwise you'll end up having to plan and time your craps which is horrible thing to do.

I imagine the kitchens are the more or less the same ie same equipment. But if you are the type to want a nice kitchen then you are definitely the type to want a suitable place to have a crap. Therefore my advice is to avoid the lower priced ones.

That said, maybe it was the place I studied originally. Perhaps in Aberdeen everyone has impeccable crapping and cleanliness standards - but somehow I highly doubt it from the majority of 18 year old Freshers, who've probably never cleaned a toilet in their life...
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by Celsteer
Hey guys, I've just been accepted to study geology and petroleum. I'm up for hill head student village but I'm really stuck on which one. I'm looking for a spacious room as I have a big enduro bike (how good are the bike stores) but I also want a nice kitchen. I know picky but they are the two main things if anybody could shed some light? I've looked at South house and grant court but how are the cheaper ones?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The 'best' accommodation at Hillhead is New Carnegie Court. The rooms are ensuite, its a new building, and the bike storage is brilliant. If you get a room facing inside the court, you'll have a view of the bikes anyway so you can keep an eye on it. The rooms are definitely spacious there.

On the other hand, my friend stayed in Adam Smith house and she had a pretty big bike too, so the bike facilities there are pretty good also.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending