Can I be entered for a further maths gcse

Watch
shwansalah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hmmm i'm doing edexcel and on track on getting an A* for maths but that's boring i really really want to do the further maths gcse, my teacher said it's a possibility, can you be entered for it even if your school dosent teach further maths gcse?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shwansalah)
hmmm i'm doing edexcel and on track on getting an A* for maths but that's boring i really really want to do the further maths gcse, my teacher said it's a possibility, can you be entered for it even if your school dosent teach further maths gcse?
Yes, anyone can enter for any GCSE. However, it is possible that you might have to pay to enter and/or take it at a different centre.

Be warned that GCSE Further Maths is considerably harder than GCSE Maths. Next summer it also clashes with Edexcel's Biology 3 and Physics 3 units so if you are also taking separate Sciences or Further Additional Science with Edexcel you will have to take the papers on the same mornings as B3 and P3. (2hr 45 on one morning, 3hrs of exams on another.
CplSkippy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did the OCR FSMQ Advanced and that was a good laugh, and very challenging.

Skips
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (90)
64.75%
I don't have everything I need (49)
35.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise