The Student Room Group

will my body ever change?

not sure if i'm posting this in the right place but i wanted some advice/answers as i don't know anyone who can relate to me. Basically i'm 18 nearly 19 (female) and i've always been skinny/underweight, so was my mum so i've pretty much got my metabolism from her as well as the fact i don't eat massive portions of food anyway. I've been underweight since primary school so i never really felt like my body 'matured'? My boobs are fairly small, same with my butt and i'm just overall tiny and feel like a 12 year old. Most people i used to talk to about this said 'oh puberty will make you more woman like and give you hips and make you gain weight' but considering i'm nearly 19 i don't think that's happening anytime soon. I just feel like people see a child when they look at me and i wonder if my body will always be so 'under developed'? i don't think trying to gain weight would do me any good, it'd just make me fatter in certain places not make me curvier/taller/more feminine.
Original post by Articultr
not sure if i'm posting this in the right place but i wanted some advice/answers as i don't know anyone who can relate to me. Basically i'm 18 nearly 19 (female) and i've always been skinny/underweight, so was my mum so i've pretty much got my metabolism from her as well as the fact i don't eat massive portions of food anyway. I've been underweight since primary school so i never really felt like my body 'matured'? My boobs are fairly small, same with my butt and i'm just overall tiny and feel like a 12 year old. Most people i used to talk to about this said 'oh puberty will make you more woman like and give you hips and make you gain weight' but considering i'm nearly 19 i don't think that's happening anytime soon. I just feel like people see a child when they look at me and i wonder if my body will always be so 'under developed'? i don't think trying to gain weight would do me any good, it'd just make me fatter in certain places not make me curvier/taller/more feminine.

You just answered you own question, it has absolutely nothing to do with metabolism. That is a complete myth which only still exists because both underweight and overweight people use it as an excuse.

You are under eating, that is the only thing that is causing you to be underweight. There is a very simple solution for this, eat more.

How do you know it won't help? Have you tried it? Where you gain the weight is down to genetics, however since you are female you are genetically predisposed to gain weight in "womanly areas" first and foremost, this is the hips, thighs, butt and breasts.

Quick Reply

Latest