Payslip Password Protected

Watch this thread
Khanthebrit
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
My workplace sends out payslips by email in a PDF format, whereby you need adobe to read them. That is all well and good, however, when I open up the document I seem to find it requires a password, stating that 'The document is password protected. Please enter a password to view it'.

Now obviously I am not asking for you to tell me the password, as that would indeed be magic, however, is there some kind of formula companies use. By this I mean things such as your DoB or National Insurance number being your password, or your name or initials - things like that. Is it a mix of the two. I'm only putting it out here because I feel there may a possible simple answer, but if not I will get in touch with my employer and ask him directly instead.
adamstrawson
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Hi Khanthebrit,

It will be set by your employer to how they create the passwords.

They could use some form of pattern like you say (DOB, NI, etc), or it could be a random word from a dictionary, or even a random set of letters, numbers, and special characters.

You're best getting in touch with your employer to find out what yours is.

- Adam
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Khanthebrit)
My workplace sends out payslips by email in a PDF format, whereby you need adobe to read them. That is all well and good, however, when I open up the document I seem to find it requires a password, stating that 'The document is password protected. Please enter a password to view it'.

Now obviously I am not asking for you to tell me the password, as that would indeed be magic, however, is there some kind of formula companies use. By this I mean things such as your DoB or National Insurance number being your password, or your name or initials - things like that. Is it a mix of the two. I'm only putting it out here because I feel there may a possible simple answer, but if not I will get in touch with my employer and ask him directly instead.
I know were i work, our payslips are sent out the same way.
In the email we get sent (the payslip in pdf format is attached to the email) it says what the password is in the email. Our passwords for our payslips are always "password". But it might be worth looking on the email to see what it says on there to see if it says what the password it.
Khanthebrit
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks I have found out the answer!
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Khanthebrit)
Thanks I have found out the answer!
Where do you work, if you dont mind me asking?
IFaure
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
How do i open a Frankie and benny's payslip file
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (42)
26.25%
As I expected (52)
32.5%
Harder (59)
36.88%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.38%

Watched Threads