What are my chances of getting a place at russell group in clearing? Watch

nevergiveupnow
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I'm a student who applied to study politics. I really not sure how well I've done at A2, so I'm thinking that I may have to opt for clearing. I think I may get BBC or BBB.My first choice was BBB, but that was a special offer. I've seen the clearing list and there are universities such as southampton, Leeds, kings, York, Cardiff and queen Mary going into clearing for my subject. Most of these places I assume would love ABB students, however, I don't think I'll get that. I think queen Mary is a good option for me. How difficult do you think it will be for me into these unis?
FlyHigh_er
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nevergiveupnow)
Hi, I'm a student who applied to study politics. I really not sure how well I've done at A2, so I'm thinking that I may have to opt for clearing. I think I may get BBC or BBB.My first choice was BBB, but that was a special offer. I've seen the clearing list and there are universities such as southampton, Leeds, kings, York, Cardiff and queen Mary going into clearing for my subject. Most of these places I assume would love ABB students, however, I don't think I'll get that. I think queen Mary is a good option for me. How difficult do you think it will be for me into these unis?
It usually depends on the course, but I went through clearing with BBC without letting them know I was going to remark, got into Southampton (Bristol was my firm) who were asking for ABB and an hour after I got in they upped their clearing grades from ABB to AAB. So you may have an okay chance of getting in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (10)
5.49%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (101)
55.49%
No (71)
39.01%

Watched Threads