The Student Room Group

University costs

Is it true that a Semester at every Uni in England costs 9,000 pounds? Or is it possible that it could be cheaper
Original post by SallyLouise
Is it true that a Semester at every Uni in England costs 9,000 pounds? Or is it possible that it could be cheaper

Can be much cheaper than that, if you include tuition and rent, I think at worst I spend about £6000 a term.
I do however live in north england and share a 2 bed flat with my boyfriend rather than paying the ridiculous rents some student accommodation is.
Most places are set at £9000 per year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Can be much cheaper than that, if you include tuition and rent, I think at worst I spend about £6000 a term.
I do however live in north england and share a 2 bed flat with my boyfriend rather than paying the ridiculous rents some student accommodation is.

Thank you
Reply 4
Original post by Moonstruck16
Most places are set at £9000 per year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you
Reply 5
Original post by SallyLouise

It's true now, but won't be in a year or two. Understanding the government wants to increase tuition fee further as well as getting rid of student maintenance grant for 100% loans. So per year you're probably going to expect 16k for each year ish which covers food, bills and rent etc
Reply 6
Original post by TanMan
It's true now, but won't be in a year or two. Understanding the government wants to increase tuition fee further as well as getting rid of student maintenance grant for 100% loans. So per year you're probably going to expect 16k for each year ish which covers food, bills and rent etc

Thank you
Reply 7
ok
Tuition fees for the year are £9000 at most universities, not per term/semester.

If you meant living costs, then accommodation varies from £3000-6000 a year roughly. Plus food and drink costs :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending