JohnJ100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello guys, and before i start thanks for putting in the time to reply to this, i really appropriate it.
I'm about to start A-levels soon and was wondering what resources have been helpful to people that have gone through A-levels or if any useful resources have been found by others?

I would mainly appreciate any resources for, Physics(AQA),Biology(AQA), Chemistry(AQA), Maths(Edexcel), Computing(OCR and Edexcel) and Further Maths(AQA).

I mainly looking for resources such as videos, especially for the Sciences, and maths, possibly for computing. Also websites that have past papers and general resources will also be appreciated.

Those would be the most useful for me but feel free to add other subjects if you want to help others that may come across the thread .

Again thank you so much ahead of time , help is really appreciated.

ps: If there is something like "mygcsescience" I would be sooooo happy and grateful, but its probably very unlikely, but please inform me if there is. Thanks again.
ivybridge
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JohnJ100)
Hello guys, and before i start thanks for putting in the time to reply to this, i really appropriate it.
I'm about to start A-levels soon and was wondering what resources have been helpful to people that have gone through A-levels or if any useful resources have been found by others?

I would mainly appreciate any resources for, Physics(AQA),Biology(AQA), Chemistry(AQA), Maths(Edexcel), Computing(OCR and Edexcel) and Further Maths(AQA).

I mainly looking for resources such as videos, especially for the Sciences, and maths, possibly for computing. Also websites that have past papers and general resources will also be appreciated.

Those would be the most useful for me but feel free to add other subjects if you want to help others that may come across the thread .

Again thank you so much ahead of time , help is really appreciated.

ps: If there is something like "mygcsescience" I would be sooooo happy and grateful, but its probably very unlikely, but please inform me if there is. Thanks again.
There is a MyALevelScience by the same guy I believe... AQA Biology is covered in it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMR...QqzuY9U0XX1SzQ
JohnJ100
Rep:
?
(Original post by ivybridge)
There is a MyALevelScience by the same guy I believe... AQA Biology is covered in it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMR...QqzuY9U0XX1SzQ
Thank you so much for the suggestion, but i have came across this before and realized its unfinished. But thanks for reminding me about it i almost forgot. So if you had any other resources that will be so useful
ivybridge
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you so much for the suggestion, but i have came across this before and realized its unfinished. But thanks for reminding me about it i almost forgot. So if you had any other resources that will be so useful
There are a lot of revision courses that you can sign up to, if you just look around. Some cost, some don't. My college, for example, does revision courses for external and internal students.

There's also a Revision 101 thing for Biology but its OCR but I imagine a lot of the content could overlap so check that out.
prophetkid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I found chemrevise.org basically my lifesaver for chemistry. Also on youtube you can find my chemistry teacher's videos (Tywin Lannister) and also Bluecoat Chemistry is brilliant.
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Exam solutions, hegartymaths for maths and youtube videos
JohnJ100
Rep:
?
(Original post by ivybridge)
There are a lot of revision courses that you can sign up to, if you just look around. Some cost, some don't. My college, for example, does revision courses for external and internal students.

There's also a Revision 101 thing for Biology but its OCR but I imagine a lot of the content could overlap so check that out.
Okay I will look into it thanks.
JohnJ100
Rep:
?
(Original post by prophetkid)
I found chemrevise.org basically my lifesaver for chemistry. Also on youtube you can find my chemistry teacher's videos (Tywin Lannister) and also Bluecoat Chemistry is brilliant.
Thank you for the help, it's really appreciated.
JohnJ100
Rep:
?
(Original post by German123)
Exam solutions, hegartymaths for maths and youtube videos
I very much like Exam Solutions thanks for that.
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I very much like Exam Solutions thanks for that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (15)
24.19%
No (47)
75.81%

Watched Threads