UghDecisions
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Which is better?
Which course is harder?
Are there any exams in computer science?
gbuchanan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by UghDecisions)
Which is better?
Which course is harder?
Are there any exams in computer science?
I work at City, in the Department of Computer Science, and I used to work at Middlesex.

At both institutions, there will be exams on the course - more at City than at Middlesex, and also City's course is the more demanding degree generally. However, this also reflects that City has a stronger research focus, and it has close links with the City of London. That places much higher expectations on its graduates - many of ours will end up working in IT roles of various types in the financial sector.

I could explain this in more depth, but it might be enough to get you started.

George
UghDecisions
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by gbuchanan)
I work at City, in the Department of Computer Science, and I used to work at Middlesex.

At both institutions, there will be exams on the course - more at City than at Middlesex, and also City's course is the more demanding degree generally. However, this also reflects that City has a stronger research focus, and it has close links with the City of London. That places much higher expectations on its graduates - many of ours will end up working in IT roles of various types in the financial sector.

I could explain this in more depth, but it might be enough to get you started.

George
Thanks for the reply, i want a bit more information on each of the first year modules if thats ok, first question which applies to all these modules: is there exams for each of these modules or are some of them entirely coursework based (is it possible if you could say whether or not each module has an exam under each module heading)? Is there a lot of group work in the first year? and What is each module briefly about?

Some of my individual questions are under each module heading:
[*]Computation and reasoning
- what is the module briefly about?
[*]Mathematics for computing
- Is the mathematics really difficult as in is it the standard of A level mathematics?
[*]Software engineering
-group work or individual?
[*]Systems architecture
[*]Programming in Java
- Has this module got anything to do with the java bootcamp
-what would they be programming
[*]Business systems

Could i also switch in the first year lets say from Computer science to computer science with games technology or business computing systems or Computer systems engineering?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads