The Student Room Group

Laptop or iPad for uni?

So I'm heading off to uni in September to study Geography and Maths. I intend to take my PC with me to do work/ watch stuff on in my room, but when I'm out/in lectures I wondered if it would be useful to have an iPad or laptop. I was thinking of getting a macbook but the specs are terrible when considering how much they cost. Can anyone give me any advice? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
I have both, the iPad is really useful with the keyboard accessory in lectures as its light in your bag and doesn't take up much room at the lecture desks.
Original post by s-hardayjade
So I'm heading off to uni in September to study Geography and Maths. I intend to take my PC with me to do work/ watch stuff on in my room, but when I'm out/in lectures I wondered if it would be useful to have an iPad or laptop. I was thinking of getting a macbook but the specs are terrible when considering how much they cost. Can anyone give me any advice? Thanks :smile:

I'm taking both. Laptop for my room and ipad for lectures and other stuff like that. You could take your PC and invest in a tablet or just go for a new ultrabook (light, thin and powerful). If you do decide to get a tablet, I would suggest getting a portable keyboard - strongly recommend the Microsoft mobile universal keyboard. It's the best!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by s-hardayjade

For group essay work, the laptop would be better unless you can get hold of a computer, during study leave/exam period it is quite difficult. Other than that pen and paper would rule in class.

Quick Reply

Latest