Is there a reading list for the UEA English undergraduate course starting 2015?

Watch
ElsaTheSnowQueen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have a place to study English literature with creative writing at UEA starting in 2015, and most people are surprised when I tell them I have not been given a reading list yet. I didn't think universities gave reading lists before the course actually started but apparently they do, and friends going to do other courses have been given reading lists already.

I've looked on the website and there doesn't seem to be anything about a reading list, but I just thought it'd be worth checking to make sure I'm not missing anything. Basically are there any specific books I should be reading before I start in September?
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ElsaTheSnowQueen)
I have a place to study English literature with creative writing at UEA starting in 2015, and most people are surprised when I tell them I have not been given a reading list yet. I didn't think universities gave reading lists before the course actually started but apparently they do, and friends going to do other courses have been given reading lists already.

I've looked on the website and there doesn't seem to be anything about a reading list, but I just thought it'd be worth checking to make sure I'm not missing anything. Basically are there any specific books I should be reading before I start in September?
I go to UEA although I didn't do English. After results day when places are confirmed you might get a preliminary reading list but you wont get official ones until the module conveners have put them up on evision- this is normally around the start of term.
corybantically
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've just finished Lit & CW at UEA. We weren't given a reading list - they tend to want you to read bit by bit in a particular order for the first year modules, so you do it as you go. In my year they sent us a particular poem to read a few weeks before the course started and I think one of the modules managed to get a 'buying' list out about the same time. So no real reading list

enjoy lit & cw here - best course in the world!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (16)
5.97%
Uncertainty around my education (30)
11.19%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (31)
11.57%
Lack of purpose or motivation (40)
14.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (15)
5.6%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (11)
4.1%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (26)
9.7%
Financial worries (17)
6.34%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (9)
3.36%
Exposure to negative news/social media (17)
6.34%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
2.24%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (31)
11.57%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (19)
7.09%

Watched Threads