Amandeep :)
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
i'll be doing btec business diploma( basically one eqivlent to one a level)
whats it like? is there loads of coursework? opinions , anything would help

thanks alot
alexh42
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey I did the Business BTEC Level 3 equivalent to 3 A Levels. I found there to be a fair amount of coursework to do but I wasn't that difficult. If you put in the time you can get distinctions easily.
Amandeep :)
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by alexh42)
Hey I did the Business BTEC Level 3 equivalent to 3 A Levels. I found there to be a fair amount of coursework to do but I wasn't that difficult. If you put in the time you can get distinctions easily.
thank you, means alot so basically your btec business wasn't too hard, in like coursework?
alexh42
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Amandeep :))
thank you, means alot so basically your btec business wasn't too hard, in like coursework?
Yeah the concepts and the work isn't that difficult. You have lots of coursework that you need to invest time in, because you have to do a bit of research on the topics to get the higher grades. Doing it to pass level is ridiculously easy, it get harder when you do the distinction work. For me it was possible to do most of the work during class time and help out mates doing the same work.
CharlieK94
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I also studied a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business Studies, it was great I loved it! The coursework is not too difficult and is fairly easy to achieve distinctions. Having said, like most things in life, the more you put into something then the greater the reward!

My advice is to not panic, once you have completed your first unit, you will start getting used to the way of laying out the assignments, the structuring and the language to be used. Business is full of lots of fancy words - do not be afraid after the first week, you will soon get used to it!

I am now in my third year at university, studying Business Management, so you can go anywhere with a BTEC.

Good Luck!
LaughingKitsune
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did the 90-Credit BTEC in Business (I would have done the Extended, but I was old enough to go onto the desired uni course anyway). Honestly, I found it too easy (although I think that's how the course was laid out for us). Me and around four others finished the course with around 2-3 weeks left. However, we did have a major hiccup with one of our tutors slacking on one of the units - we were meant to be having it throughout the year, but he only taught us it twice before he left, and we had to merge it with a related unit within a week. Luckily I'd gotten ahead and started the related assignment anyway.

Even the Distinction work was easy - I managed to get D*D* at the end of the course, all of the units at Distinction level. There is a lot of coursework to be done, but if you manage your time well, it should be a breeze.

Good luck!
elliemayxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CharlieK94)
I also studied a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business Studies, it was great I loved it! The coursework is not too difficult and is fairly easy to achieve distinctions. Having said, like most things in life, the more you put into something then the greater the reward!

My advice is to not panic, once you have completed your first unit, you will start getting used to the way of laying out the assignments, the structuring and the language to be used. Business is full of lots of fancy words - do not be afraid after the first week, you will soon get used to it!

I am now in my third year at university, studying Business Management, so you can go anywhere with a BTEC.

Good Luck!
Hey, I'm in my last year of Business Level 3... Do you mind if I ask what you came out with overall? as in DDD?
That's great that you've gone onto Uni to study it further.
CharlieK94
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by elliemayxo)
Hey, I'm in my last year of Business Level 3... Do you mind if I ask what you came out with overall? as in DDD?
That's great that you've gone onto Uni to study it further.
Hey!

I achieved D*D*D*

It wasn't hard to achieve, you just have to manage your time effectively and make sure you don't leave your assignments until the last minute. Do them early, hand it in to your teacher as a draft and you will get feedback of what to include or change.

The best thing about doing this, is, it doesn't count as a referral. It's just your teacher helping you - (and they will help you out, as you've done the assignment early and showing dedication)

Good luck in your final year, if you need any help with your assignments, just get in touch
elliemayxo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey!

I achieved D*D*D*

It wasn't hard to achieve, you just have to manage your time effectively and make sure you don't leave your assignments until the last minute. Do them early, hand it in to your teacher as a draft and you will get feedback of what to include or change.

The best thing about doing this, is, it doesn't count as a referral. It's just your teacher helping you - (and they will help you out, as you've done the assignment early and showing dedication)

Good luck in your final year, if you need any help with your assignments, just get in touch
Wow that's great. Unfortunately my first year of level 3 went really bad, didn't have a good relationship with my tutor and ended up doing all the work last minute. Fresh start when I go back next week though. Just want this year done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
elliemayxo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey!

I achieved D*D*D*

Thanks for your reply by the way

Posted from TSR Mobile
CharlieK94
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by elliemayxo)
Thanks for your reply by the way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah I see! You're welcome

What grades did you get in your first year? - If you don't mind me asking.
lissx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Im doing Unit 2 Business Resources and the HR unit at the minute and this is my first time doing a BTEC, however my teachers aren't very helpful and haven't shown us how to layout the assignments or given us much guidance
Does anyone have any previous coursework they have done so i can see how to structure mine?! or any guidance would be brilliant please :confused: thank you! x
Zeeiqbal
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing the same and I'm in my second year. It starts off really hard but you get through it. You have got to know that you will get used to the whole concept of Business. It's fairly straightforward for me as I did Btec Business as my GCSE's. I find my second year a little bit hard but teachers make it more easier. Its all about the amount of time you spend on your research and group work. Good luck. If you require any help, message me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
blogbyreviews
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm so confused over p1 as I'm doing unit 7 management accounting and the teacher has baffled me with confusion so can anyone help? hes given a scenario and thats it.
Zeeiqbal
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by anvianzi)
I'm so confused over p1 as I'm doing unit 7 management accounting and the teacher has baffled me with confusion so can anyone help? hes given a scenario and thats it.
I haven't done that unit but can you give me your scenario i will try my best if i can explain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
blogbyreviews
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Zeeiqbal)
I haven't done that unit but can you give me your scenario i will try my best if i can explain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
P1- Explain how an organisation can cost a product and determine its price at any activity level. Can i send you a picture of the scenario?
ANOYMOUS11223
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi
ANOYMOUS11223
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Amandeep :))
i'll be doing btec business diploma( basically one eqivlent to one a level)
whats it like? is there loads of coursework? opinions , anything would help

thanks alot
Hi
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads