Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

My local vet recommended reading ukvet which I'm going to subscribe to, should I save up and subscribe to vet record too? I read farmers weekly and farmers guardian also. Any other I should try?

Ta muchly, xxx

ReputationRep:
    just a suggestion, but as some of them are quite expensive to subscribe to, it may be worth finding out if your local library get them in, or asking your school librarian/careers adviser if they could get them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisx)
    Hi,

My local vet recommended reading ukvet which I'm going to subscribe to, should I save up and subscribe to vet record too? I read farmers weekly and farmers guardian also. Any other I should try?

Ta muchly, xxx
    Hi,
    im going to do vet med this year. i had a read of vet record i think, and to be honest there was very little that i could understand, since a lot was like papers on pathology and other things that a non vet couldnt understand! a few vaguely interesting things, but mostly not very useful. there are plenty of very good websites with interesting info on that are far cheaper (free!) than journals.
    http://www.equinehospital.net/
    http://www.oncolink.org/types/articl...ss=545&id=6011
    thast husta few!

ReputationRep:
    Suzy and sapphira you are stars!! I'll go to the library tomorrow and ask. I'll google some research too. thank you Lis xxx

ReputationRep:
    Another good thing to do, is watch 'Countryfile' on Sunday lunchtimes on BBC 1. They often have topical issues on there and the information is obviously very up to date. I found it really helpful and it makes you much more aware of farmers views with issues such as TB etc.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I often don't understand a word of what's in the Vet Record. I subscribe to it for the information about what's going on in the profession (which it's very useful for, especially before interviews) but the articles are WAAAAAY above my head! "In Practice" is more understandable, often has quite good articles in it and is cheaper.

Do you do any work experience in a small animal practice? It might be worth asking if they have any copies- the vets' where I work keeps them for a while- so you might be able to read it there.

Suzy_vet- where are you studying next year? I'm going to Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tamsin)

Do you do any work experience in a small animal practice? It might be worth asking if they have any copies- the vets' where I work keeps them for a while- so you might be able to read it there.
    Cheers Tamsin! I was in mixed practise recently and read some vet record and it was too confusing for me ;-) I read UK Vet also which is quite good, am tempted to subscribe as they do a student rate. Vet Times was best though, I think its weekly and has all the news in it :-) also job adverts which are always fun to read (and dream) about. xxx

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 24, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.