Where To..... Watch

This discussion is closed.
atifkazi
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I need help, after i have left school, what options do i have after that?

Whats this about colleges and sixth forms?

I havent recieved anything from school
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What do you mean you havn't 'recieved anything from school' about further education? Your school must have prepped you for post-GCSE options?

Have you not been to any open days etc?

Further explanation?
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
after gcse's u wanna do alevels or avce's at a sixth form or collage. or something like a apprentiship. what do u wanna do?? what do u expect to get this year? your school is pretty awfull 4 not giving u anything about post gcse's.
Nylex
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
You should have applied for college/sixth form already...
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by atifkazi
I need help, after i have left school, what options do i have after that?

Whats this about colleges and sixth forms?

I havent recieved anything from school
What we don't know is what you are doing now, are you coming to the end of Year 10 ?

If so you will be given a lot of post-16 advice next year - getting various visits from your careers advisor / Connexions Officer.

I cannot imagine that you are at the end of your GCSEs, as you have said "after i have left school", as in, you haven't left yet - and therefore you won't have had a great deal yet.

We were taught that there are the following options:

1) School 6th Form
2) 6th Form College
3) Employment
4) Employment with Training

Start looking into first of all, yourself, to decide what you want to do - good place to start is think of what are you likely to come out of GCSE with ?
atifkazi
i am at the end of year 10, no info from my school! i am angered the following said by expression:

1) School 6th Form
2) 6th Form College
3) Employment
4) Employment with Training

I am a grade A-B student, what should i look at?, i expect to get A grade in 5 subjects, what do i look at?
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
God

Only in Year 11 will you get the info!
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by a_musical_gal
God

Only in Year 11 will you get the info!
^^^ Ditto ^^^

Just start having in mind what subjects you particularly enjoy, and maybe start to investigate the different 6th Forms / Colleges that offer subjects you want to take.

A lot of information will be given to you starting in September, some colleges will start having open days around October / November which you can go and visit without any obligation to apply.

I would suggest sorting things out certainly by about February, so that you can then focus on your final GCSE exams in May/June.
atifkazi
ok, so it wont hurt if i started early? for the search of my preffered courses in that college.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it depends what you want to do- do you want to continue with education or go to uni? if that's the case your best bet is probably A levels (tho this is not by any means your only option-see above)

Choosing subjects for AS level really isn't that hard. most people do 4 for the first year, and continue 3 on to A2 level. choose subjects that appeal to you. If you've enjoyed a subject at GCSE, you will probably enjoy it at AS level. There's loads of threads on this site about AS choices- read what people say about different subjects.

Your school will almost certainly talk to you about your post-GCSE options- ask friends older brothers/sisters what they did- this will give you an idea of the choices in your area.

good luck!

lou xxx
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.48%
Excited (165)
9.36%
Worried (308)
17.47%
Terrified (389)
22.06%
Meh (182)
10.32%
Confused (38)
2.16%