This discussion is closed.
atifkazi
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I need help, after i have left school, what options do i have after that?

Whats this about colleges and sixth forms?

I havent recieved anything from school
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
What do you mean you havn't 'recieved anything from school' about further education? Your school must have prepped you for post-GCSE options?

Have you not been to any open days etc?

Further explanation?
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
after gcse's u wanna do alevels or avce's at a sixth form or collage. or something like a apprentiship. what do u wanna do?? what do u expect to get this year? your school is pretty awfull 4 not giving u anything about post gcse's.
Nylex
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
You should have applied for college/sixth form already...
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Originally posted by atifkazi
I need help, after i have left school, what options do i have after that?

Whats this about colleges and sixth forms?

I havent recieved anything from school
What we don't know is what you are doing now, are you coming to the end of Year 10 ?

If so you will be given a lot of post-16 advice next year - getting various visits from your careers advisor / Connexions Officer.

I cannot imagine that you are at the end of your GCSEs, as you have said "after i have left school", as in, you haven't left yet - and therefore you won't have had a great deal yet.

We were taught that there are the following options:

1) School 6th Form
2) 6th Form College
3) Employment
4) Employment with Training

Start looking into first of all, yourself, to decide what you want to do - good place to start is think of what are you likely to come out of GCSE with ?
atifkazi
i am at the end of year 10, no info from my school! i am angered the following said by expression:

1) School 6th Form
2) 6th Form College
3) Employment
4) Employment with Training

I am a grade A-B student, what should i look at?, i expect to get A grade in 5 subjects, what do i look at?
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
God

Only in Year 11 will you get the info!
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Originally posted by a_musical_gal
God

Only in Year 11 will you get the info!
^^^ Ditto ^^^

Just start having in mind what subjects you particularly enjoy, and maybe start to investigate the different 6th Forms / Colleges that offer subjects you want to take.

A lot of information will be given to you starting in September, some colleges will start having open days around October / November which you can go and visit without any obligation to apply.

I would suggest sorting things out certainly by about February, so that you can then focus on your final GCSE exams in May/June.
atifkazi
ok, so it wont hurt if i started early? for the search of my preffered courses in that college.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
it depends what you want to do- do you want to continue with education or go to uni? if that's the case your best bet is probably A levels (tho this is not by any means your only option-see above)

Choosing subjects for AS level really isn't that hard. most people do 4 for the first year, and continue 3 on to A2 level. choose subjects that appeal to you. If you've enjoyed a subject at GCSE, you will probably enjoy it at AS level. There's loads of threads on this site about AS choices- read what people say about different subjects.

Your school will almost certainly talk to you about your post-GCSE options- ask friends older brothers/sisters what they did- this will give you an idea of the choices in your area.

good luck!

lou xxx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (61)
27.48%
No - I have already returned home (25)
11.26%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
22.52%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
9.46%
No - I live at home during term anyway (65)
29.28%

Watched Threads