The Student Room Group

When is it appropriate to say "I love you"?

Scroll to see replies

Love isn't words it is actions. What people say or feel is meaningless it is their actions which matter. I think making qualified statements of love is fine. Like "I love the way you make me feel".
Original post by clonedmemories
When you know that the other person feels the same way. Then you avoid the potential situation of placing them in a situation where they don't feel comfortable responding when you say it.

Assuming the other person doesn't say it, how can you be sure that they love you? If they followed this advice and both parties were waiting to hear those three words, the couple could be going in circles.
Original post by william walker
Love isn't words it is actions. What people say or feel is meaningless it is their actions which matter. I think making qualified statements of love is fine. Like "I love the way you make me feel".

I quite like this idea.
There's never a right time
Original post by Emily.97
Assuming the other person doesn't say it, how can you be sure that they love you? If they followed this advice and both parties were waiting to hear those three words, the couple could be going in circles.

By talking. My partner and I continually raise concerns regarding our feelings for one another if relevant, making sure we're both on the same page and know where one another stands. We've been together two years and know where our feelings currently are. If they change in some way, we have the change to say. Neither of us will be saying it until we know the other is comfortable to hear it.
Honestly, I certainly wouldn't even consider saying it until they do. It's just not worth the risk of frightening them off.
Ted Evelyn Mosby! You told a girl you loved her a few weeks into your relationship? What!?

Classic Schmosby!
You should say I love you WHEN YOU LOVE HER. Simple as that.
Original post by driftawaay
You should say I love you WHEN YOU LOVE HER. Simple as that.

Why? My parents have never said they love each other. How they prove it with actions and compromising their lives for each other every day.
look her in the eye and say it from the heart
Reply 30
Never,? Lame / 10
Lol I doubt I'll find a decent and trustworthy guy anytime soon. In the meantime I can't be dealing with BS from guys and games.
Reply 32
Probably often said during the heady first 3 months of romance, long before you can really know..
Just before you c shot her face

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending