The Student Room Group

Volunteering for Radiography

So, I just like, need some help please :frown: , I've finished my A level recently, and I'm not going to Uni this year but next year, I'm looking for places to volunteer near or around Winchester, but it just seems as though there are literally no places to volunteer (or get work experience) for radiography! If anyone has any idea (or actually managed to get some previously *gasp*) would you mind sharing some of it? It'd be the BEST. THING. EVER.
Original post by Agiyuki
So, I just like, need some help please :frown: , I've finished my A level recently, and I'm not going to Uni this year but next year, I'm looking for places to volunteer near or around Winchester, but it just seems as though there are literally no places to volunteer (or get work experience) for radiography! If anyone has any idea (or actually managed to get some previously *gasp*) would you mind sharing some of it? It'd be the BEST. THING. EVER.

have you spoken to all of your local hospitals to see if theres anything available there? then otherwise try any volunteering related to patient care like charity work nursing homes and the like maybe.
The most useful thing to do is to speak to ANY contacts you have in the medical field, who could get in touch with a radiographer in your local hospital to organise some work experience - most times they dont mind you sitting in with them! I'm currently doing work experience now and have been lucky enough to be in the radiography dept. If not, you could probably search for names of local radiographers or consultants at your local hospital from their website - you can try to email them or their secretaries, and if that fails you could also try getting in contact with your local hospital trust's undergraduate centre. Hope I've been helpful :smile: Best of luck!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending