The Student Room Group

Applying for clearing if I have a conditional?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but id rather be sure!

I currently have a conditional offer for uni, which ill need to do an assessment for on August 25th, so wont expect to get my results for a week or two afterwards.

I keep getting emails from UCAS asking me to sign up for this new clearing scheme, and its given me the impression it might be too late to sign up for at the start of September.

Im just wondering can I sign up for this even though I still have a conditional, or is it better to see how my exam goes and try clearing the usual way?

Hopefully I wont need to use any of this anyway but id rather be safe!
You can't use clearing if you currently hold an offer unless you go through adjustment when you be better grades than your offer.
Original post by Dylaan
Sorry if this is a stupid question but id rather be sure!

I currently have a conditional offer for uni, which ill need to do an assessment for on August 25th, so wont expect to get my results for a week or two afterwards.

I keep getting emails from UCAS asking me to sign up for this new clearing scheme, and its given me the impression it might be too late to sign up for at the start of September.

Im just wondering can I sign up for this even though I still have a conditional, or is it better to see how my exam goes and try clearing the usual way?

Hopefully I wont need to use any of this anyway but id rather be safe!

It'll be a blanket marketing email from Ucas, and you aren't eligible for it in any case until you have been rejected by both your offers. Read PQ's views on this. (She works in admissions.)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3453789&p=57757891#post57757891

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending