The Student Room Group

why do some people know everyone and others are very weary of people

I notice in life there are people who are friendly and approachable and seem to know loads of people, then there are people who have smaller groups of friends or no friends, and have more of a cynical attitude towards people.
my mother i notice has a quite a pessimistic attitude and a worrier, i guess she thinks the bad in people. my sister is very friendly, sometimes i actually cringe a bit at over friendliness. I believe i am sort of in the middle, as i dont have the cynical attitude my mother has, but im also quite quiet and a bit lazy with people.

why do you think people have such different approaches to people?

on one hand i believe being really friendly is a way of making yourself happy,as you get a lot more positive feedback, you get more gossip, more things to talk about, and this is something that makes you feel good. you feel popular and people are interested in you.
on the hand, i do believe some people can be a bit smary and out for their own gains. and sometimes i believe beng really friendly makes you look a bit desperate. i also believe that sometimes being a nice person, is being a bit fake in itself. most of us forms opinions in our heads about people, but we would never say it their face. Instead we remain polite and charming, a bit like a robot. whereas the cynical person, may not tell the person to their face that they werent keen, but at least they wouldnt fake friendliness. cynical people tend to have more opinions, whereas friendly people have non. i sort of can understand the gains of both sides.

so what do you think u are?
It's called life lessons
It's called being an extrovert or an introvert.
Reply 3
It's this thing called life we all have different experiences and all learn to approach situations in different ways. I think being a cynic just means you want to protect yourself more from hurt because you have already experienced it and so view things more critically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending