The Student Room Group

Any females get REALLY annoyed or upset during monthly periods?

I know it's hormones but I'm so sensitive around those times. Right now, I feel really upset and low because my family have all gone out without me. Normally, I would be grateful for the peace and quiet.

How do you deal with it? Any advice?
It's normal. I'm extra hormonal and crazy when I'm on my period which happens to be at the moment. But yeah,nothing to worry about
Original post by Anonymous
I know it's hormones but I'm so sensitive around those times. Right now, I feel really upset and low because my family have all gone out without me. Normally, I would be grateful for the peace and quiet.

How do you deal with it? Any advice?

Yeah i become extremely irritable and snap a lot. I also cry at things that I wouldn't usually cry at. Just try to keep yourself occupied, maybe watch a series that you like? Or even a sad movie and have a little crying sesh. Haha sounds sad as **** but works a charm for me!
I mostly just get really hungry lmao :redface: but I also feel rly drained and blah
Reply 4
I tended to get more sad than anything else. Like, I would have a week before and during my period when I would get depressed for no reason at all. It stopped when I started taking the pill, though.

If it's just short periods of time and you don't have any other significant problems with your cycle I would allow myself to wallow a bit, eat some candy and watch an upbeat tv show (Parks and Rec was my go to), then take a shower and put my energy into something productive instead. If it's impacting your life negatively, though, and you have other issues during your cycle you could always look into some kind of treatment like the pill or an IUD or something.

Quick Reply