The Student Room Group

Am I ugly because I'm chubby?

I'm a size 16 and about 5ft 4", so I'm chubby or fat or however you want to put it. Some days I'm not bothered by what people think, but today isn't one of those days. So does being chubby automatically make me ugly? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes.
Reply 2
Original post by Rianne!
I'm a size 16 and about 5ft 4", so I'm chubby or fat or however you want to put it. Some days I'm not bothered by what people think, but today isn't one of those days. So does being chubby automatically make me ugly? :frown:

Not necesarly. It depens on other details of your look and not just fat. I usually find chubby girls sometimes attractive because such girls usually have bug breasts.
Yeah.

But fat is a good kind of ugly in a sense, because at least it's fixable. Having a weird face you can't do much about.

There's a lot more to any one person than how attractive they are, so I really believe you shouldn't let it bother you too much. But on the other hand, being fat is a surefire way to make lots of friends yet not so many boyfriends. If you're fat for reasons you can't control (diabetic, hormonal imbalance, etc.) then that just sucks, and is really unfortunate. If not, then do something about it.

If there's one thing I know, previously-fat people typically have more confidence in their appearance than always-skinny people.
Reply 4
Hate to be harsh. No seriously I do.

But rather than sitting on TSR complaining about it get out and do something about it. Go to the gym. Go for a jog. It's something you can change about yourself.
Original post by Rianne!

No. Well if you have a pretty face (nice facial features) it doesn't matter if you're chubby or not you're still pretty.
Reply 6
Part of it is something I can't help, I have a weird joint thing which means I can't do high-intensity stuff cause my joints pop out, so I'm basically limited to swimming and cycling. Don't get me wrong, I am changing it, please don't think I'm not, I was just after other peoples' opinions that aren't in my circle of friends
No, it doesn't automatically make you ugly. But it may well make you less attractive than your slimmer peers. If it bothers you, look into eating well and start exercising regularly.
shut. up. Just shut up.

look you're a beatiful little princess. That what you're here for. Now go away.

gain strength from yourself and not what gay weirdos on the internet say. Otherwise you;re just being weak.
Reply 9
You don't look too bad in your dp. But if you feel insecure about it, it is fixable to an extent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rianne!
Part of it is something I can't help, I have a weird joint thing which means I can't do high-intensity stuff cause my joints pop out, so I'm basically limited to swimming and cycling. Don't get me wrong, I am changing it, please don't think I'm not, I was just after other peoples' opinions that aren't in my circle of friends

It's more your diet than exercise. Plenty of people are not overweight despite doing no real exercise routine at all. That's 100% their diet.

Stop giving excuses and sort out your diet. If you try and say there's a reason for it then you won't solve it and it is a problem. It makes you look far worse and it is bad for your health.
Original post by Rianne!

Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise for various reasons.

You have a very pretty face in your avatar. I think you'll be absolutely smoking in the future.
Original post by TorpidPhil
It's more your diet than exercise. Plenty of people are not overweight despite doing no real exercise routine at all. That's 100% their diet.

Stop giving excuses and sort out your diet. If you try and say there's a reason for it then you won't solve it and it is a problem. It makes you look far worse and it is bad for your health.

Most likely the real difference is in personal metabolism rather than purely their diet.

In either case; to slim, you need to exercise. Diet alone will not produce a large enough calorie deficit to make an appreciable difference for a long time.
Original post by FireGarden
Most likely the real difference is in personal metabolism rather than purely their diet.

In either case; to slim, you need to exercise. Diet alone will not produce a large enough calorie deficit to make an appreciable difference for a long time.

Not really. Metabolism doesn't have that huge of an effect. And when you're fat your metabolism will be higher anyway.

Metabolic differences don't make people shift 5 BMIs ratings.

How many calories can you realistically and consistently burn a day through exercise? Less than your metabolism.

Diet is the most important thing in losing weight. Obviously you don't want to become a skinny-fat, underweight omnishambles as that looks just as bad and is worse for your health.

Metabolic rate does vary, and technically there could be large variance. However, statistically speaking it is unlikely the variance would apply to you. The majority of the population exists in a range of 200-300kcal from each other and do not possess hugely different metabolic rates.

From - http://examine.com/faq/does-metabolism-vary-between-two-people.html/

And that goes with the general consensus. The metabolism argument is mostly just something that exists for overweight people to blame something other than themselves on being overweight.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
I'm starting swimming more at my local pool, and I've overhauled my diet, so hopefully I'll see results slowly but surely
You definitely don't look ugly.

You might be fat, but your face is on point :smile:
Original post by Rianne!
I'm starting swimming more at my local pool, and I've overhauled my diet, so hopefully I'll see results slowly but surely

Good luck :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Rianne!

To be fair, most people in reality seriously don' t care about your looks and you shouldn't care what the minority think.

If you think you're ugly then change your looks, by exercising; learning how to pply make-up correctly; dressing better probably and such.
Reply 18
Original post by Rianne!

Your chubbiness does not make you ugly Rhianne no, what makes you ugly is your way of thinking.

Edit: I know you probably have a lot of self doubt and low self esteem just saying you are not ugly.
(edited 8 years ago)
No ... one's facial features are what makes one physically ugly. For example, I could have the most perfect body ever and I'd still be utterly hideous because of my disgusting face.

Judging by your picture, you have a pretty face so I would not consider you ugly. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending